Miniriders Renovators

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really interesting to know. Gotta do my deck out the back at some point.

Out of curiosity, how much it cost you to do just that bit if you don't mind me asking?

Man I love this thread. Learnt heaps off it.

How's the shed coming along Corey? Must be close now?

I paid about $1.60 l/m. Baught everything at once to do front and back decks over 12 months ago but I think 1400l/m of decking was $2100.
Maybe a similar amount in framing timber to do the 2 decks. Cheap as when you do it yourself. Something like 7000 screws that I individually pre-drilled and countersunk then screwed in... not for the faint hearted but thats why it took me 12 months to find the motivation to do number 2.

completed the handrail and stainless steel wire ballustrade tonight.
Hopefully put in the french doors from the kitchen to the back deck this weekend..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423044508089.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423044508089.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
Looks wicked dude.

Love the white offsetting the deck. That's the same sort of style I want to go for.

You get those times.

I'm tapped for a couple of months before I do anything else. haha

Well heres the before and after of todays effort,
the french doors!

The big white panel is gyprock covering the hole in the house where our old hot water service was taken out. Still got to brick that up....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423302207669.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423302207669.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • uploadfromtaptalk1423302239886.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423302239886.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome dude! I'm going to do the exact same thing to my back but I kind of have to move my whole patio over too so it's on the back burner for now. :D

Are you doing all this yourself? :clap:

Last edited:
Yeah man. im just a poor carpenter working for wages. Never be able to afford to pay people so I do everything myself with some help from friends and family.

Lol I feel your pain mate! I'm a humble plasterer in a similar situation. ;)

So here's my update on the shed build. It's been nearly six months and about seven and a half k later and I'm nearly finished. Just got to finish of the power points, connect up the basin, run some air lines, waterproof and tile a floor border and around the basin, setup the outside sign and flood lights, paint the floor, builds some shelves and my all important work bench!

So yeah still a bit to go! :faint:

Oh yeah, this happened just after Christmas too! ;)

Last edited:
Fark what happened to the door?
Whats the sign out the front for if you dont mind me asking?

Well me being impressed with setting up my roller door so it would stop "almost" anywhere I needed it to I forgot to put the stoppers on and one night my wife went out there looking for a screw driver and being the short ass she is managed to let it go right on the sweet spot for it to roll up and over itself!

$100 for a garage door bloke and a scratched roller door later and it was fixed. But somthing else came good from it but that's a story for another time.

I'm having a sign made for the front of the shed, well was. :) ol Brendo decided to go on long service leave so I'll have to wait for it now. Haha

It'll be "The Man Lab" though.

Far out. Gotta love it when the missus breaks your stuff. lol

Loving the man lab sign that gold. :)

I'm over it at the moment. haha

Have repainted the lounge and hall. That was a mission enough. Will get some pics.

Having a break until after the wedding.

No worries will grab some mate.

Missus did a bit of styling and stuff as well.

Today im going to open up a load bearing wall in our house for a bit of a feature/airflow and just generally so it looks better!
Heres some detailed plans. Will upload more pics as i go.uploadfromtaptalk1437776483837.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437776500987.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1437781065116.jpg
Stage 1: remove gyprock and see whats inside, the red arrow is where the lvl beam is on the wall frame. I installed that when we first baught the house so i could remove the dining/ lounge wall. Dining room was teenie tiny b4.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

That's going to look sweet mate! Will let heaps more light into your entry.

If I were you I would completely remove all that plaster and cornice from the rhs of the arch all the way back to the cupboard. Waaaay easier to set that and throw a piece of cornice back in than rather than having to set butty's everywhere.

Keep the pics coming man! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Back