Moded yx 140 PE 28 keihin

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stindeee

Reaction score
Hello guys, im new to the forum. I was searching on internet for carb tuning and i found this site, and is very informative. Can you help me with jetting on my pitbike.

Motor is yx 140 gen3, motor has Hi-speed piston 56mm, z40 cam set, light port and polish not removed valve guides, 0.5 base gasket and 0.5mm cooper basket, daytona style ORK. Iam using 1/4 throttle and when i flick throttle hard it dies on me and i have from idle to 1/4 throttle stumble.

Jetting specs: 40 pilot 1turn out JJH needle 95 main.
Valve specs: 4in and 6 ex thou.
plug: cr7hix and its showing chokolate brown on electrode and tip.

Is my jetting off or its to small of a bore to handle 28mm ??

Hello guys, im new to the forum. I was searching on internet for carb tuning and i found this site, and is very informative. Can you help me with jetting on my pitbike.

Motor is yx 140 gen3, motor has Hi-speed piston 56mm, z40 cam set, light port and polish not removed valve guides, 0.5 base gasket and 0.5mm cooper basket, daytona style ORK. Iam using 1/4 throttle and when i flick throttle hard it dies on me and i have from idle to 1/4 throttle stumble.

Jetting specs: 40 pilot 1turn out JJH needle 95 main.
Valve specs: 4in and 6 ex thou.
plug: cr7hix and its showing chokolate brown on electrode and tip.

Is my jetting off or its to small of a bore to handle 28mm ??

Hey bud this site is awesome!!, welcome, I have never had a 140 with a pe28 but do have 3x z160ho's with various mods on different engine's, I dont have anything bigger than a 26mm oko on any of the 3 but ii'm sure my 160ho with v2 head would benefit with a pe28.

I am definitely not an expert on carb tuning but even my stock 160 is running a 39 pilot so just guessing that your pilot jet is too big?.......

valves should be set at .003inches/.08mm inlet and .004inches/.10mm exhaust.

hope this helps.

have a look at you spark plug, it will most likely be black.
try turning airscrew out to 2 turns and see if it gets better,if so then get a
smaller PJ and lower the needle too...

Hi guys. I set valve clerences, and plug clerance. I have droped to 38PJ, 92MJ and JJH on 3 spot. Its almost perfect and low throotle power is so good instant whelie. Thank you very much for help.

Plug picture:
20170530_111905[1].jpg

Hi guys. I set valve clerences, and plug clerance. I have droped to 38PJ, 92MJ and JJH on 3 spot. Its almost perfect and low throotle power is so good instant whelie. Thank you very much for help.

Plug picture:

no worries mate, been through it all myself and know how frustrating it is!
such a relief to get it right/close...

that spark plug looks terrible! :-/ try a fresh one and maybe it'll even be better...

what do you do to get throse threads so greasy??
i think it needs some more riding to be able to examine the spark plug.
are you getting better resuts from changing the jets and needle too?

i dont know the engine is in good condition has a new piston and good compression. Iam using 100 octane gas. I have now 95MJ. And i retarded a little ignition. The power is good from 1/4 to WOT. I know you loose some bottom end with big carby.

Latest posts

Back