Molkt carbys????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHINA-BIKE-YO!

Reaction score
SO WHATS THE DEAL WITH THESE MOLKT CARBIES .....
I GOT 1 STOCK ON MY 09 PITPRO RUNNING A YX160CC ....
WHAT KIND OF JETS DO THEY RUN ? ALSO WHERE WOULD GOOD STARTING SETTINGS (IE AIR 1 TURN OUT & IDLE 1.5 TURNS OUT CLIP ON 3 ???)
IT IS STARING ONLY WITH THE CHOKE ON FULL AND IT IS RUNNING VERY RICH!!!! VERY HIGH COMPRESSION??? ANY IDEAS THANKS :confused:

CHEERS KAINO 5084

If its running very rich then lean it out, change the needle setting upwards. The higher the clip on the needle the leaner it is the lower the richer...So go up a clip or 2 run it a bit pull the plug out and see if its running any leaner. What you want is a nice coffee colour plug.

As for idle im not sure how many turns etc someone else will know.

Most people toss Molkt carbys to the bin, but if you spend the time tuning one i have heard you have get good results. I have one on my YX150 and will be getting an OKO 26mm very soon.

Yea sweet bro got a new ngk plug today ill raise the needle clean the plug and try again..
Whats the differance between crackles and pops ect.
But i can only get it to idle nice with choke on. With out the choke it revs lyke hell
what is the deal with that ??? Too much air????? But wouldnt the choke give it more air??
And make it rev higher ??? Im lost... But i really wanna learn carby tuning/jetting but i dont wanna **** my bike trying???? Maby i should check the vave clearences first???
Any ideas appricated thank you!!!

wide the idle screw out if it rev's its head off.. theres no real setting for the idle screw..

but the mixture screw should be around 1.5 to 2 turns out from fully closed...

and if its running rich you want to lower the needle IE..raise the clip on the needle..

might be time you adjusted your valve clearance too...

you should ALWAYS check the valve clearance before trying to fix carby problems otherwise you're wasting your time....... pretty much every chinabike in the world needs their valve clearance checked if they've never been done....
both my brand new yx 150 and yx 160 had no clearance straight out the box... YOU HAVE TO SET THE CLEARANCE BEFORE STARTING THE MOTOR... not wait until the problem gets worse and worse then eventually give in and check the clearance after hours of screwing with the carby

but seriously I'd stop playing around with the molkt and get the OKO, bolt on job chuck the right jets in and it'll be good to go... easiest carby to tune I've ever seen

with the air screw you should just set it 1.5 turns out to get the bike started, then once it's running tune it get the best idle and throttle response.....
then go and do a plug chop,.... riding the bike or running the engine a bit then checking the plug is pointless, you need to top it out in 3rd or 4th for 10seconds then pull the clutch in and hit the killswitch, roll to a stop and check the plug.... this way you'll get reading of how rich/lean the main jet is

with the needle i'd start one clip down from the middle

Ok so ill start with doing the valves what should they be e-0.4 i-0.5???? I think thats wat i was running in my 125 china bike????

Will i need to do any gaskets at the same tyme???
Will strait feeler gauges be ok?
Any other head f***s i will run into???
I gotta get it to tdc dont i? And align the marks on the timing gear??? Before i start??
Any help will be appricated ty !!!!

set them at .003 / .004 not .03 / .04
have a look in the guides section if you don't know how to do it, it's really easy and no you don't need gaskets

All right bro ill go have a go now , the bike is running ok with the choke on bit of s splutter 3/4 thru the throttle but ill do valves and get back to ya!!! Thanks

Ooh ffs i was setting my valve had it nice on the feeler gauge i held the bolt with the pliars and tryed doing the lock nut up with a ringi but it kept tyurning not niping upso i unscrewed the thread all the way out to remove the lot for inspection and i hit my elbow on the forks and dropped the lot into the head!!!!!......aaggghhhh!!!!
How can i get it out i cant see it....

Is it a continual air space thru the head (ie valve cover to valve cover so i can drop it thru the bottom??? I cant belive i f*****g done this hey!!!!!! What can i do hep me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get one of those magnet pen things from supercheap for like $2 and fish it out

Ive had worst luck working on my dads 240z un screw a 10mm bolt on the valve cover bounced off 2 hoses and into the air intake lol took us ages with a magnet. worst comes to worst pull the head off...

Aaagggghhh ffs i just went to do it was very loose on the inlet.... Had it at the right clearence trying to tightn lock nut but it seemd to keep spinning so i started to take it out to inspect an i had it out hit my elbow on the forks and dropped it ........
Cant believe it
who knows the head space???
Where could it have fallen
what can i do???
Heeellllppp me!!!

Oops couldnt find the post lol cheers ill magnatize a screwdriver to start with!!!

Woooooo hoooo after 45 mins of f*****g around i got it !!!!!!!!
Tyme to get back to it hey!!! Thanks 4 your help!!!

Ok ppl !!! Now the reason i pulled it out has been confirmed !! In let tappet bolt has a stripped thread !!!! Where can i go to get a new 1 !!!!!!! What can i do?????

Ok i live in prospect adelaide thank you !!
Is there a shop that stocks these yx parts
will any factory bike parts fit (i have heard these engines are based on a klx engine but i dont know) ??????????/ thanks

Latest posts

Back