motodevos' Z50J1 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motodevo

Miniriders OG Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
seeing monkeygarage may be gone forever, i'll put up a build thread on my j1. Bought a rough yellow j1 a while back to do a mild custom with.
stevescamera082.jpg

missus bought me a lifan 125 for chrissy so i set about playing with the intake manifold, so i could fit the carb under the tank as i am not a fan of the carb sticking out the side of the tank, i wanted a stock(ish) look
stevescamera084.jpg

I had to relocate the fuel tap as it would have fouled on the carb, a 16mm hole saw using the fuel outlet as the guide for the pilot hole meant i was able to remove it cleanly and reuse it in the new location about 2 inches forward

stevesmobile025.jpg

In keeping with the stock look, i chopped up the stock pipe, pulled out the baffle and did some general opening up, then i welded a chrome chinga header pipe and used the offcut for the outlet

stevescamera128.jpg

and then with a bit of careful bashing with a hammer, made the stock heatshield fit it. Also welded on some headlight ears cut off from a stuffed pair of hardtail forks i had.

stevescamera127.jpg

Decided to paint it Toxic Green from the Ford BA range, heres the tank and sidecover

stevesmobile027.jpg

More to come..........

Last edited:
Well you'v just educated me... i just commented in another thread how cool the yellow looks but it seems these are always yellow ha ha

They look awesome but

Yellow was probably the most common colour for j1's, then white, then paw paw green(baby shat green)

i'll add some more complete pics in the morning/arvo, whenever i decide to get up

Latest posts

Back