Motor options???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low_rb

Reaction score
Righto, i want to get my eldest boy back on the bike again as since i got him the LXR stepping up from the 110mx he pretty much refuses to ride it.

the two points as to why are

1. gears but he got his head around it
2. The motor, the fmf exhaust was to loud but ive since put a stock one on it and the power of the z155 with the TBV2 top end as its painful to ride slow and the fact it can be a prick to kick over for him.

So what do you think my best option would be?
put a stock top end on or a complete new motor thats easier to kick?. I never had the stock top with this bike so i dont know how much difference there is when kicking VS the V2 top end.
I know i can put a stock Z/YX head on but will that make much difference to the comp ratio or will i need a new piston as well?

Cheers

I didnt think the yx and z155 head where interchangeable? Well I learned something new today! :lol:

Why dont you get him one of those lifan 125's with the "type r" heads, $320?
The old lifan 125's are pretty robust and have decent power, that way when its too slow for him you can whack the 155 back in it and sell the 125.

I didnt think the yx and z155 head where interchangeable? Well I learned something new today! :lol:

I may have miss understood what i was told here now you say that.

Its unlikely ill ever put the 155 back in either if i take it out.

Do you think going to a stock top end on it will tone it down enough?

Think i may be easier to buy a doner bike if i go to a smaller motor so ive got the carb and loom to suit. Then theres the exhaust, what shares the klx bend like the TB head?

Not entirely sure about the angle of the TB head cause I've never owned one? The stock 155z with a 26mm mikuni carb are fairly tame, but the close ration box in them will still send you 0 to holy **** in a few short seconds.

You could also try a silencer type exhaust, I bought one for my little 110. They're pretty restrictive and made it sound like a stock 50. How olds your boy btw, and the 110mx is that one of those small 10" bikes that have the 1 down 3 up gearbox?

Latest posts

Back