Motorised Pushbike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milpera isn't that where all them bikies wars took, well are taking place, ****tz you'd better look out bud that might be some brothers ride that's been parted out. Or better yet crack open the cases might be some white stuff inside haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ha ha yeah true mate better be watching my back ay

Sent from my HTC One M7

Milpera isn't that where all them bikies wars took, well are taking place, ****tz you'd better look out bud that might be some brothers ride that's been parted out. Or better yet crack open the cases might be some white stuff inside haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

In the cases??? It's stored in the tank, havn't you watched "Easy Rider"??? (or am i just too old :p )

So I've been hiding away in the garage the last week trying to keep my mind active as I've been down in the dumps BUT something good can come from something bad .....

That looks awsome. How does it go? Did you have any installation issues?
Hope your feeling better mate

Thats a nice motorised bike, are you still running the back disc brakes? Im pretty sure you can get an adaptor to run rear brakes and adapt the sprocket..

Thanks mate :) yeah been feeling a tad rough last week or so but thats life ...

It moves along quite nicely as for installation issues yeah heaps of problems but thats more due to the bike i used which I've had sitting around in the shed for years i wasn't about to go out and spend money on a new one.

My concept was to try keep it as cheap as possible and see if i could make do with the materials laying around the garage and i actually succeeded .

Some of the issues include :

Front motor mount was useless had to make up an adapter plate and re-bend the u-bolt clamp to suit the fat down-tube .

rear motor mount didn't fit around seat tube either had to remould the mounting block to suit .

The exhaust hit the down-tube as well so had to reshape it to clear.

The crap rag joint sprocket setup was useless on my rims too as the spoke configuration didn't allow me to get all nine bolts in .... So i made up a 3mm gal steel adapter plate that mounts up to the disk brake hub then to the rear sprocket which is way nicer and is centred up really good too . The only real issue there was getting the front and rear sprocket offset which was a ***** but i finally got it sorted . BUT no rear brakes anymore only front hydraulics which i might upgrade to a 203 hope disc and new calliper adapter .

Hmm what else was there ..... oh yeah the front sprocket pitch seemed off a lot when the chain was moving over the sprocket surface so i had to grind all 9 teeth down to work properly .

A few other annoying things were the Sram x5 shifters got in the way of the clutch leaver and throttle to some extent but a bit of moving this way and that got it sorted .

Thats about the worst of it which literally seems like everything but overall it was just my bike that made it hard if i had a $100 huffy it would of all worked nice ... it really didn't like my $1200 mongoose .

All in all the kit was cheap enough and not to badly built but of course its got that china cheesiness about it LOL

Its also not the quietest thing either plus when you get up in the rev range theres a nice vibration from the motor which tickles the tackle ..

If you want quiet and smooth go electric ! Petrol is fun and noisy :)

i got a huasheng 49cc on mine, would not look back honnestly took me 60km every day for 3 months the only problem was the clutch spring, took 5 minutes to replace it..

keep a eye out for my build when i make the post (to the pedals then to the rear wheel)

you can get sprocket adaptors "top hat" style so you can use a rear disk and the sprocket.. was thinking of doing this
here is a link http://www.kingssalesandservice.com/top-hat-sprocket-adaptor/

Yeah I've seen those mate cheers for the heads up . I'm not all that worried about running a rear brake its got really nice Tektro Auriga comp hydros up front which work fantastic i was just thinking of going a bigger rotor for it which i can get for under $40 and that will be sufficient for me just cruising the bikeways around my area. My rear brake/ sprocket adapter plate i made myself it took ages all hand made but cost me $0 i like to make up stuff myself theres no fun in buying ready made bits !

Even if i added the rear brake there just no room for the leaver ! The sram x5 shifters take up a lot of real estate so them plus the clutch leaver and the brake leaver = massive fail

I have to say, that's cool as Nick, plus it's a mongoose which is all i rode back in the day, with Skyway tuffs, lol. So these things are the go are they? Hmmm

if you put a different head on and ignition, they last forver almost lol they pre-det from the heat and from a bad ignition curve

I have to say, that's cool as Nick, plus it's a mongoose which is all i rode back in the day, with Skyway tuffs, lol. So these things are the go are they? Hmmm

Ah yes i was just looking at a retro BMX forum last night and seen a few mongoose oldies with the tuffs mags they were sweet wheels !

Its great fun to ride super easy to start she's kinda noisy and vibrates a bit when you get it moving pretty fast from the motor vibration but its all the more fun ! i don't really go all that fast and i like pedalling along too you get some strange looks from people driving by when your in top gear peddling at 60 kms an hour uphill ha ha thats until they notice I'm cheating

we had this dude roll up at work the other day...

20130306_134321_zps58a171b6.jpg

d407514e-6268-4fe0-a9b4-facf59f1d8ee_zpsec999576.jpg

Kinda makes me want to strap one onto the Ratfink!
50b49c5f.jpg

I've got an electric setup on my Scott. Has a lipo battery and an electric hub motor that I got relaced onto a stronger rim. Was worried about the torque being too much. Also thicker spokes. Battery is about 9 kg and last about 60kms on one charge(2-3hours). Very quick bike, I can cruise at 60 no probs even up hill around 50. Funny to see people stare when you don't pedal. Makes almost no noise- love the stealth look.
null.jpg

We used to sell those at a bike shop I worked at many moons ago..
was a couple of versions available,one just on the wattage limit.. and one a bit over.
Was laced to the front wheel though.. done wicked skids taking off at lights in the wet LOL wouldnt want to go into a corner HOT but..

whats a kit like that worth nowdays Hussey? what battery and KV motor are you running?

I can't remember the details as it was built 2 years ago with a mate. It's got a controller to monitor all the wattage with speed and amp hours etc displayed on the handle bars. Everything was pirchased seperate and we assembled. My mate is a wiz with all that. All I remember is I didn't even get the most powerful motor at the time and it probably couldn't handle any more on the road. 70km on the road and you need leathers...

i guess ill strut my stuff here.

ive fiddled with various bike motors...the 2stroke kits and 4 bangers.

4bangers, expensive, and always awkward to fit. my friend has one. after the conrod snapped, i gave her my old motor. rebuilt, only to snap that con rod too. she prefers my profile pic bike. wait til you see an old granny buzzing round on a bmx!

so, the 2 strokes.

at around 70 for the basic motor, i couldnt care less if they die. which they do, regularly. then again, some last, some dont.

avoid "slant plug" heads, they warp and leak, blowing head gaskets. avoid the larger sizes, they vibrate and tend to always have slant heads. and cost more.

whilst the 48/50cc babies... mount them hard to the frame, preferably by welding brackets on. they dont vibrate too bad then. jam some plumbum down the ends of the handlebars and its smooth as a cbr fireblade...

make one of my pipes or buy one :) plans $20 (the files for profile cutting),parts $50 (cut steel) pipe...$180. yes, it costs more than two engines. it will outlast both of them :)

a video :)

[video=youtube;ik-FCLmCG6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-FCLmCG6U[/video]

(its pantera playing, BTW :rockon: )

and, of course...

PICT0290 (Large).JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back