motovert 125 special edition review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motovert24

Reaction score
Bike 2008 Motovert 125 special edition

pictures
my20moto.jpg

Picture20032.jpg

bikes192.jpg

bikes025-1.jpg

and now (rebuilding it up with new parts and plastics)
13112010087.jpg

the life of the bike I got this bike brand new in December 2007 from FX racing in brunswick. it was my first motocross bike ever. was meant to get it in October but was delayed quite afew times. Then the toe rack (what we transport it on) was delayed another 2 weeks so could ride it properly till jan 2008. wasn't happy with fx racing about that. So eventally went to the track for the first time (broadmeadows mx park) was there for 5 or so hours, never had so much fun even tho i was only going like maxium of 10kph lol. loved the bike, crashed it afew times and bent the shifter but nothing to stop or working and rode it like that for a long time. the next ride at broadmeadows mx park, was a nice easy bike to ride as a beginner. struggled to kickstart it as i was pretty small 12 year old. after riding it for awhile my birthday came up again then brought some more parts for it, like the motovert pro daytona bits like wheels because my hub was busted from axel coming loose and bending and then damaging the bearing in the hub. also got some levers that the front brake didnt fit and never did so just ran stock one.
towards the end of the year so around about a year of riding, i tried to jump a table top that at the time was pretty big to me on a pretty tight track. i jumped it but on the landing i missed the brakes or something so went over the berm and down the cliff... wasn't really a great day for me i remember crashing atleast 3 times. so the bike was at the bottom of the cliff at broadmeadows fast 50 track.. dad came over and pushed it up the hill. after that 3rd gear felt a little jumpy and weird, afew weeks later 3rd gear stopped working. besides that the bike never really had an issue i can remember. was a great bike for a long time. so swapped the motor over to a new one. same motor jialing 125 but off the 2009 motovert 125. i HATED this motor, first ride out it was missing gears and bogging and all that. eventally the gear selector was destroyed, the clutch broke all 4 gears ended up breaking and never was a great motor i felt. in that same month the GPX125 race engine was coming out in a few weeks after the last 125 gave out. so we ordered this race engine and got it in afew days. was pretty difficult to get in the bike as bashplate needed cutting and bending but eventally got all good. also got a oko 26mm carby with it but DHZ didn't send the correct adapter so had to use the original 25mm mikuni carby.
eventally we got it all put together and took it to the track, little did we know that this motor was much different to the other 125 so that carby wasn't setup for it and ran like ****. Then we got the adapter and got buzzbikes to setup the oko for us and then it was all good. (at the time didn't know how to do carbys but now i do)
The amount of power the GPX put out was crazy compared to anything else i have riden. i loved this motor heaps so much power everywhere when ever you wanted it. i only had 1 issue with it and that was when the sprocket collapsed and ripped the gear arm out and chipped a tooth on 3rd gear. then got that fixed and never had a problem.

so i'll get to what i think of the bike overall

engine the engine was a jialing 125 oil cooled 4 stroke motor. it had alright power for me at the time, felt pretty quick but nothing compared to the gpx125 or outlaw 140. 6/10 for the first motor in the bike from stock and 2/10 for the 2nd motor.

suspension the bike had a dnm rear shock and conventinal forks on the front, unsure as to what brand. i've always thought the front was a little hard for me and bottoms out alot now at weight im at now which is around 65kg. so 6/10
for the rear shock i thought it was a good shock but i snapped it in half at wonthaggi over some doubles 5/10. The shock on it now is a DNM performance shock and i though its been a good shock, now needs repairing as its like a pogo stick so 7.5/10

looks i really liked how the bike looked when i got it. had chrome all over it and really liked the standard sticker kit. 8/10 if it had the GPX black labels usd forks on it and the wheels i've currently got on it now i'd give it 10/10

wheels I thought the wheels were abit average looking back at them now as i buckled them pretty quickly and rear didn't last too long so 4/10

handle bars The bike came stock with pro taper xr50 se bars and there still on the bike now and always had good feel to me so 10/10

tyres the stock tyres were a brand called innova (one pretty much all stock bikes) I hated the front tyre was way to fat and lost traction alot. 3/10 rear tyre wore out really quickly and didn't have great traction either 3/10. once i put the new wheels on it they had standard a thinner tyre on i could point it anywhere and not worry about the skatey front wheel 8/10 still in great condition.

overall I loved this bike and still do, reason why im desperate to get it running again, always was a great handling bike alot of fun, with the gpx125 it really showed it was a good bike with the power it had afterwards. i rode it alot on the bigbike tracks trying to jump the bigger jumps that i now jump on the pitster pro fairly easy. hardly broke with the jumps and bumps that track had that were fairly nasty for me back then on a non linkage mini bike.
also basicly every part was a CNC/Billet part so very very strong bike overall! looks cool to
stock form i loved it and even more now with all the parts i have on it now
http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/30655-mv24s-motovert-125-build.html here you can see most of what i've done.

overall give this bike a rating out of 9/10 for been a fantastic bike for me as a beginner and still love it just can't ride it as my gpx clutch is been a pain :(
very strong bike

anything else i've forgotten please mention and i'll put it in or any questions feel free to ask

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back