motovert pro 125 daytona japan or motovert expert 140 motovert racing engine.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitrideRz

Reaction score
hay,

guys im looking at buying 1 of these 2 bikes not to sure which 1 to go with leaning towards the 140..
can anyone help me with info comparing the 2 like which engine is more durable do they have any faults.
any info would be great there both 08 models.
cheers..

the pro is very good so is the expert they are the class but the pro has better parts i think or upgrages i wanted one of them but the shop said they are to powerful:mad: for me i got the motovert 125 insted but i wish i got the pro or expert:(

daytona are shit compeared to the pro and expert, daytonas need love and care but the other bike needs to be cared for but not loved in conclusion get the pro or expert.

yea sweet thanks heaps for your input guys.. ill check that link out too.
ill have a better look at them both, not goin to be racing as yet but will be looking to in the future.

might go the 125 and upgrade the motor later on.
cheers ppl.. :)

go the expert, i was a bit uneasy after i bought mine thinking i should have bought the pro but once i rode the pro they are about the same, with pro about 1/4 bike length in front after about 200m. plus u pay about 500-1000 more for the pro and they dont even come with marzocchis.

and another option is the 150 or 160 gpx engines for later on.

daytona are shit compeared to the pro and expert, daytonas need love and care but the other bike needs to be cared for but not loved in conclusion get the pro or expert.

bulldog wtf are you trying to say here:confused:,08 vert pro's come with a daytona 125 engine stock 09's are the same but with optional upgrade of the daytona 150.

pitriderz try searching mate this question has been answered 10 times already

go the expert, i was a bit uneasy after i bought mine thinking i should have bought the pro but once i rode the pro they are about the same, with pro about 1/4 bike length in front after about 200m. plus u pay about 500-1000 more for the pro and they dont even come with marzocchis.

yeah sweet as pezza cheers mate. that tells me a lot seein i havent ridden either of the 2. im gonna go the expert.
thanks again bro!!

pro's do come with zoochi forks fool, They are an optional extra at buyers cost same with the elka rear shock.....sheez where do some of you guys get your info or do ya just make it up as ya go:p

pro's do come with zoochi forks fool, They are an optional extra at buyers cost same with the elka rear shock.....sheez where do some of you guys get your info or do ya just make it up as ya go:p

Tell me about it Roost. If you have no idea about the bike (especially Bulldog and Tommy) then don't comment. Simple.

How are the Expert's crap Tommy? Have you ever ridden one? Put's some facts in to back yourself up or you end up looking like a tool.

Well coming from someone that has actually ridden BOTH bikes, I like both of them for different reasons. The YX140 motor goes a lot harder than what some people think. I have raced it before with an IRK and it kept up with every bike in the field easily (most of them where 150's and 160's). Plus the are a tonne cheaper to maintain. You can go through 3 YX motors for the price of a Daytona.

I had the choice between the 2 and I chose the Expert becuase it suited my riding style better. You can't go wrong with either bike.

The Pro comes with Marzhocci Shivers. The Expert are just the standard Marzhocci's (well that was the case in 08).

i'll fix this for ya fella's

go and spend the $2800 on an 09 ciniworx expert and laugh as you go flying past the motoverts

problem solved he he he

na honestly if your gunna look at the vert expert also look at the 08 ciniworx pro alloy and probably the braap maestro

if you wanna look at the motovert pro being a midsize and a bigger bike look at both the 09 ciniworx pro ms and the expert, and definantly consider the pitster pro lx also

all above are good quality china bikes

Im running a Daytona 125 in my 10" CRF50 and its definatly Very fast. Only just put it in, so reliability wise i cant comment yet. But its got good power, easier to use than Kitaco 124 SE engine. Smoother and more usable. But still enough to go very very quick. Im running 4-Up shift drum also, which is a good option.

yeah mate the daychina in the vert is exactly that it's no where near the standard of a jap built daytona

mind you they probably come out of the same factory

Oh yeah for sure thats why you pay shit all for them, compared to a Proper Daytona setup...... Im building a nice 106+R Taky stroker over time with another Honda bottom end i have. Daytona 125 is a good setup for now. Good way to get out of Limited and have a good 10" bike to race.

Tell me about it Roost. If you have no idea about the bike (especially Bulldog and Tommy) then don't comment. Simple.

How are the Expert's crap Tommy? Have you ever ridden one? Put's some facts in to back yourself up or you end up looking like a tool.

Well coming from someone that has actually ridden BOTH bikes, I like both of them for different reasons. The YX140 motor goes a lot harder than what some people think. I have raced it before with an IRK and it kept up with every bike in the field easily (most of them where 150's and 160's). Plus the are a tonne cheaper to maintain. You can go through 3 YX motors for the price of a Daytona.

I had the choice between the 2 and I chose the Expert becuase it suited my riding style better. You can't go wrong with either bike.

The Pro comes with Marzhocci Shivers. The Expert are just the standard Marzhocci's (well that was the case in 08).

ah ok cheers bro thats even better info glad to hear your opinion mate really appreciate it funny though now i gotta find something cheaper sux!! dumb bills haha anyway cheers again guys this forum's real good rate it!

i should elaborate a bit more next time. basically thats what i meant when i said you pay a significant bit extra and doesnt even come with zocchis.

sorry about that.

does anyone have any proof that their are daytona engines being made in japan and china or like usual people just jumping the gun.... if anyone has any proof that daytona have two factory one in china and one in japan i would love to see it thanks.......

from what i know daytona head office is in japan but the engines are assembled in china..i couldnt tell you if the parts are made in china too tho...
pretty sure zongshen is building the daytona's at the moment

the pro comes with adjustable marzhocci's rip offs or exrta 700 bucks the real shivers, and extra for the elka rear shock too, my pro come with a lifan 150? i rode a expert with the non adjustable marzhoccis a few times with the yx140 and power wise they wearnt real different, the 150 had a bit more, but the adjustable no name front shocks on the pro were HEAPS better purely coz u could stiffen em up and have more travel. the pro being abit bigger i like more aswell, if it were me id go the pro with the 125, sell the 125 and upgrade to a 150 if the 125 isnt enough

Latest posts

Back