motovert pro vs DHZ vs Pitster pro X4R

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which pit bike is the best allrounder

• Total voters
yea get a good chain, carby, bars, grips, tires, bolts... that's pretty much the essential mods that come to mind

oh ya and remove all motovert logo's so the shame of owning a vert doesn't consume you

haha very funny, im quite pleased to own a vert so i think the sticker kit will always be on there!

um do you know any brands that i should get and what not. particulary for the carby, and chain.
im new to pitbikes so what exactly do i do with bolts?

replace the nasty soft china bolts with REAL hi-tensile bolts
OKO 26mm flatslide carby
RK or D.I.D chain

motoverts are ok... it's just the shop selling them.... and the price lol

chain: probly the best to go will be an "RK" chain,
carby: seems to be OKO is a winner
with the bolts, what you want to do is "lock tight" them, grab some from a bolt shop or bunnings or something :)

(this isnt my info)

"I put a little locktite (fairly light coating, but still visible) on the threads and into where the screw was going in.

Let it dry for the 24h if your using a lot. I let mine dry for 30 minutes, and then went trail riding, but just let it dry 24 hours so you don't have problems....

Make sure you only use blue locktite. Red locktite is EXTREMELY hard to get off. I think there is green and purple, and I'm pretty sure they are more weak.

Also make sure you do not put it on any parts that are supposed to move... Do not put it on if the part is not comming loose chronicly, it will just be more of a paint o take off it hink, and you will be wasting it. So only use it on what you need to. I carry it around in my tool bag when I go somewhere farther to ride."

chain: probly the best to go will be an "RK" chain,
carby: seems to be OKO is a winner
with the bolts, what you want to do is "lock tight" them, grab some from a bolt shop or bunnings or something :)

(this isnt my info)

"I put a little locktite (fairly light coating, but still visible) on the threads and into where the screw was going in.

Let it dry for the 24h if your using a lot. I let mine dry for 30 minutes, and then went trail riding, but just let it dry 24 hours so you don't have problems....

Make sure you only use blue locktite. Red locktite is EXTREMELY hard to get off. I think there is green and purple, and I'm pretty sure they are more weak.

Also make sure you do not put it on any parts that are supposed to move... Do not put it on if the part is not comming loose chronicly, it will just be more of a paint o take off it hink, and you will be wasting it. So only use it on what you need to. I carry it around in my tool bag when I go somewhere farther to ride."

i just had a little look around for chains, do you know how many links i would need?

and for the carby... are these any good? for price and quality, is it dodgy??

NEW OKO 28MM FLATSLIDE CARBY KIT 1/8 THROTTLE 160CC - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 09-Jun-10 10:05:28 AEST)

I was just reading about the bike, it says it comes with a 26mm MIKUNI RACE carby, would this be a copy?

And also with the bolts which ones do i change and lock tight, is it just the ones on the frame?

Last edited:
race carby!!! thats a crock of sht mate... typical crap advertising.. it will more than likely just a shtty 26mm mikuni which is actually not even close to that size...

as for the bolts, you loctite any bolt that doesnt have anything to do with a bearing, bush or in the actual engine..

i have a motovert and i love it (not in that way).

i didn't replace anything on my motovert at the start in 08 besides oil
nothing went wrong and never had problems till then yeah went down a hill and started breaking:faint:.

proberly chain grips oil if it doesn't have protapers for some reason put them on
make sure everythings tight

take that 26 mm carby of and throw it straight in the bin. my vert pro 09 gave me so much trouble with that carb its rubbish i put the 26mm OKO on and it fired first pull.. dont waste anymore time with that carby that comes with the bike.. get the pro tapers aswell from Dhz the universal bars that come with the vert feel like your riding a elephant not a motorbike..

take that 26 mm carby of and throw it straight in the bin. my vert pro 09 gave me so much trouble with that carb its rubbish i put the 26mm OKO on and it fired first pull.. dont waste anymore time with that carby that comes with the bike.. get the pro tapers aswell from Dhz the universal bars that come with the vert feel like your riding a elephant not a motorbike..

my carby is ok on my X4R 160 hasnt given me any trouble i have the spare oko in the emergency bag waiting for it to bust

im buying my first bike just for mucking around on and riding around a paddock. would you guys recomend the DHZ DPRO 160 for what im gonna do? going to eventually put a 26mm OKO flatside carby on it, pro tapers, grips, chain, locktite all bolts.

the pitsterpro is a crazy bike but buy what you can afford and you like just take care of it!!!
if u want get a DHZ DPRO 160 its similar the the x4r but the x4r beats it

Latest posts

Back