motovert rx 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiemonster

Reaction score
model: rx 125 road registered pit bike

make : motovert

year : 2007

max speed : on the digital speedo provided on the bike --- 87 km/h

hi people,well i got the rx and so far so good.soon as i got it home i went over every bolt nut etc tightened it all up.
i cut 110 mm off the back guard,moved the number plate right up close to the rear reflector.took the end cap off the exhaust (drilled the rivets out).before i picked it up the shop pulled off the plastic cover over the carby,as it has a handful of small holes in it for the engine to try and breath through.
i took off the manifold and port matched all i could,although there is only a 1 or 2 mm in it all.pulled the exhaust but the por and pipe i.d are the same so left that alone.
it still feels gutless unless you ring its neck.it rides ok for what it is.i enjoyed screaming around the shopping centre etc.took it off road and it was fun but needs the knobbly tyre and wheel set as well for that as the track i found over here is all sandy.
i was surprised at the fit and finish of the bike,i think it is very good.im a lightweight at 75 kgs ,so it should hold up well.it has a 16 th front sprocket and a 39 th rear sprocket,so i think the gearing is pretty right.i will definitely be getting a fast action throttle.
i went for a 15 km ride yesterday and it felt alright.checked it all over once back home and nothing was loose or ready to break or fall off.
it seems to run more smoothly now.i like the bike the way it is,but would like more horsepower,but that can wait until the boys and girlfriend have all got proficient on it the way it is.it did come to life with the aircleaner and end cap removed.i guess it has to be choked half to death to pass all of the adr compliance crap.
it cost $3,700 on road.fairly expensive but i wanted an on road pitbike.
overall im a happy buyer.it is fun and the quality seems very good in my opinion.the good thing with these is you can hot up the motors,or put another motor in and if it blows up after a while,you just get another engine,if that happened to my ducati ,id be devastated.so i guess im now hooked on pit bikes.cheers dave perth

exelent dave nice review a few pics thrown in would be nice
was wondering how they go onroad i'd never ride 1 on the road but what eva floats your boat i spose

thanks for the heads up looking forward to hearing how she holds up over time

cheers

They are wicked fun(especially with road tyres) I am actually thinking of selling the pro to get 1 of these. Personally would rather ride one of these then a ct110 or scooter.
Would be perfect for travelling.
Sorry officer bike is registered and i am licensced. :D Thank you good bye.

The pros come with wiring so all aux.(ie headlights, rear brake lightetc..)can be hooked up. Wicked lil headlight avail on fleabay from U.K. for like $15. May go this option.
Glad someone tested top speed though. 87km/hr before you done mods or after?:confused:

$3700 on road aint that bad when you consider that any motovert will set you back around $3000 anyway.apparently they spent about $60,000 to get em complied so they have to recoup that somehow

Hi fella's ,
87 km/h was dead standard engine wise,but i took the very restrictive exhaust end cap off.The muffler is still very baffled etc,it weighs alot,but it is still not too noisy.
I just put on a 146 big bore kit,and i have bought a lifan big valve head,i hopefully get that today,it is being ported by wanneroo motorcycles here in perth,which is who i got the bike off.They are excellent guys to deal with,and have been very helpful with information and on these bikes,as i am still getting up to speed on what goes with what etc.This site has been invaluable to me,in that respect also.Cheers to all for that.
If anyone does want to fit a big bore kit on this model,you will have to cut some fins off the barrel to clear the starter motor(your other option would be remove the electric start).I noticed that the original barrel had this done also.I think the final comp ratio will be about 10:1,i measured the dome on the new piston and did all the calcs,so aproximately 10:1 IF USING THE LIFAN HEAD.
It has been fun ripping around the neigbourhood.I wouldn't go out on big main roads or the freeway,but around the burbs feels safe enough.It will be better now with more power.
I will keep you posted on what it goes like with the new bore kit etc.It may still have approximately the same top speed but should get there a bit quicker,because it was pulling the gearing to max revs in 4th with the standard engine.I will play with gearing down the track.Cheers ,Dave

rx

hey just read up on ur feedback i test rode the rx today and man i m keen on em got prices for upgrades and most of the info needed just a couple of Q's want to know fuel range per tank???and insureance?? any pricing on any insureance??? and who to insure with???? thanks

Hey mate, this thread is old, but I think i could answer most of the questions.
1st of all most people wouldn't insure something worth only 3k, if they did it would be very cheap.
Fuel usage for all pitbikes it pretty good, i mean its only a 140cc engine and on road it would use 1/2 of what they would on dirt as they're not going around tracks etc.
I reckon one of these bike would be cool cos u could ride to the track, put a set of knobby's on and just ride on the track!

1st of all most people wouldn't insure something worth only 3k, if they did it would be very cheap.

You wouldn't need insurance to cover costs of your OWN damage but I would definately get 3rd party insurance incase you hit a ferrari or something

Latest posts

Back