Motovert RX Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Simon290

Hey,
It's not long now before i get my long waited motorcycle L's.
I wan't to buy a Motovert RX 125 new.
But i am a bit skeptical as i know these bikes have some Chinese parts.

I plan to use the bike as my only way of getting around, to work, school etc.
Is it reliable, what problems have people had with these bikes, and how can i avoid running into issues?

Any information is highly appreciated as i do not wish to waste $3500.

Cheers :D

But i am a bit skeptical as i know these bikes have some Chinese parts.

It's all chinese! Pure breed full on 100% chiniese goodness in every rx!

I plan to use the bike as my only way of getting around, to work, school etc.
Is it reliable, what problems have people had with these bikes, and how can i avoid running into issues?

Reliable is hard to answer. There really what you make it with good care and what not. But if it's you're only way of getting around that could be risky. I was going up the freeway sitting on 100km/h, full tank, 30 minutes later tank is empty!

There good bikes, lots of fun for getting around town. I like mine, but I'm finding now I always want it to go faster. But there so small on the road if I was going faster I'd be dead because no one can see me.

Okay I'm babbling, but I reckon there lots of fun as a second ride. If you want something similar I'd look in to madass' or a postie bike.. there just a bigger build which is nicer on the road.

Thanks for the quick reply, really appreciate it.
Babbling is good, the more info i can get, the better ;)

Fuel economy isn't an issue, so long as the bike doesn't fall apart. From what i can gather, some simple maintenance should help me avoid that.

I'm not sure that they are 100% Chinese though, the Daytona engine is Japanese isn't it? Marzocchi forks are Italian. Regardless, as long is gets me around without breaking like a Chinese bike then i am happy.

The motors they come with are a jialing 125cc not a daytona. I believe motorbike city do sell them upgraded with GPX 125 motors sometimes. But I never seen them stock with a daytona!

I am building an RX at the moment and while they are chinese they are better quality than an ebay cheapie for sure. Also keep in mind that if you dont have a dealer nearby, support from mojo is non existent (from my experience).

Some parts are a little bit different from standard pit bikes, i only just found a suitable replacement for my swingarm that the bearings died in, and that took some modding.

And as with any china bike a healthy interest in fiddling and fixing stuff is a must unless you have a dealer close by that can do the work.

Have you thought about getting a second hand one? they go pretty cheap occasionaly.

I am building an RX at the moment and while they are chinese they are better quality than an ebay cheapie for sure. Also keep in mind that if you dont have a dealer nearby, support from mojo is non existent (from my experience).

Some parts are a little bit different from standard pit bikes, i only just found a suitable replacement for my swingarm that the bearings died in, and that took some modding.

And as with any china bike a healthy interest in fiddling and fixing stuff is a must unless you have a dealer close by that can do the work.

Have you thought about getting a second hand one? they go pretty cheap occasionaly.

Got any pictures of your bike or list of what you have done to your bike?

I haven't had any issues with mine besides the brake light falling apart. I have put a BBK on to increase it to a 146cc and put a kelihen PE26 carby on. Changed sticker kit and some other little bling bits but that's it. Oh and I changed the bars from high rise protapers to low rise protapers.

if you want a cool minibike that goes on road aswell get the motovert if you want ultra reliable that will go forever get a honda ct110 postie but it will never have that cool mini bike factor but will go forever

if i were u id get a second hand of ebay or trader there seems to be quite a lot on there going for what i think is a good , reasonable price. alot of people seem to buyem use then just enough to get a taste and sell up saying to slow or something. i got mine 125cc almost two years ago it would barely do 60 changed cogs, air filter now thrashing can do 90-95. Comfortably go 80 but does heat up. starter motor chain shattered died after about 3 months so took it of didgital spedo instrament thing died after about a year. have smashed the rear tail light, indicators, plastics about 4 - 6 times depending on exact part from fliping wheelies. but is all easy fix and i think worth it. the forks mine are a bit soft and the clutch i think could do with some tougher springs or something. But all in all mines been reliable and at a guess because the odomiter dosent work any more it would of done about 10 -12 thousand ks. i love mine best toy i have and ultimately once u got that vin, engine number u could change any or all parts with other china or quality parts to create the ultimate legal wheelie machine out. Cops love em iv been puled over exactly 7 times but with no probs but is a anoying waste of time especily when u need to be some where. i also heard, roumer that 2010 is the last that motovert are dooing. true?. if u dont have the moto licence yet could go a 50

Got any pictures of your bike or list of what you have done to your bike?

I haven't had any issues with mine besides the brake light falling apart. I have put a BBK on to increase it to a 146cc and put a kelihen PE26 carby on. Changed sticker kit and some other little bling bits but that's it. Oh and I changed the bars from high rise protapers to low rise protapers.

I have just started a build thread here: http://www.miniriders.com.au/minibike-builds/30060-fastr-s-motovert-rx.html

Have you got pics of your bike? I'd love to see it.

if i were u id get a second hand of ebay or trader there seems to be quite a lot on there going for what i think is a good , reasonable price. alot of people seem to buyem use then just enough to get a taste and sell up saying to slow or something. i got mine 125cc almost two years ago it would barely do 60 changed cogs, air filter now thrashing can do 90-95. Comfortably go 80 but does heat up. starter motor chain shattered died after about 3 months so took it of didgital spedo instrament thing died after about a year. have smashed the rear tail light, indicators, plastics about 4 - 6 times depending on exact part from fliping wheelies. but is all easy fix and i think worth it. the forks mine are a bit soft and the clutch i think could do with some tougher springs or something. But all in all mines been reliable and at a guess because the odomiter dosent work any more it would of done about 10 -12 thousand ks. i love mine best toy i have and ultimately once u got that vin, engine number u could change any or all parts with other china or quality parts to create the ultimate legal wheelie machine out. Cops love em iv been puled over exactly 7 times but with no probs but is a anoying waste of time especily when u need to be some where. i also heard, roumer that 2010 is the last that motovert are dooing. true?. if u dont have the moto licence yet could go a 50

All of the above plus, swingarm bolt comes loose, rear dnm shock fell apart, heavy as hell, super hard seat foam kills ya butt after 1/2 hour of riding, crap brakes, forks are way too soft, even with bigger pipe and vm26mm carb it still couldent pull the skin of custard its that slow. Bang a worked yx160 in it and get a trickle charger kit from a scooter shop to run the lights.

Just an update on this topic for those looking to buying this bike, i emailed Motovert and got the following response:

"Thanks for your email. Unfortunately the Motovert RX is no longer available. We hope you have this model available again in 2011."

Despite this, their website is still promoting them and actually accepting payments for them?!
Not to mention the poor grammar, "We hope you have this model".. what?

The fact that the people behind the doors at Motovert couldn't even structure a sentence (let alone a road bike as my only means of transport), forced me to give in to my gut feeling that i'd regret buying one of these Chinese bikes. I bought a Suzuki and i would suggest buying Japanese to anyone looking to get on the road.

Latest posts

Back