Motovert rx to work on.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brenton17

Reaction score
Hi there guys. I've recently got a motovert rx to to some work on.

It needs a fair bit of love and I'm not very mechanically minded, so I turn to the Internet.

I'll take a few pics later but from what I can see it needs:

-has no rego
- rear brakes need to be reattached and need a new brake light switch.
- have a 24mm oko flat side to chuck on it. (I think the carb on it needs a bit of a clean
But I got a new one instead)
-it hasn't got a steering lock, is it possible to get a new one or am I better off just getting a decent disk lock?
-chain guard snapped off while I was moving it around (oopsies)
-seat bolt bracket thing is snapped, how can I fix this to attach the seat properly?
-going to chuck a quarter turn throttle on it.
-need a bolt for the clutch lever.

Any tips or instructionals for doing this work? And if you owned a motovert rx what things would you be looking to do to it?

Welcome to Minirider's

First up drop in here and Introduce Yourself
Introduce Yourself thread

Then have a look though these thread's
Search Motovert RX

The seat bolt's on at the back by 2x 10mm head bolt's through the frame, you might need to get the bracket welded back on?
What size engine are you putting the OKO 24mm on ?, it's best with a 140cc or a GPX125

Cheer's, Craig

Last edited:
Clicked on your thread link but all that came up was 'no matches found blah blah' but thanks man.

I'm putting the carb on the stock 125 that's in it, I'm pretty sure it's a zongshen?

I'll get my friend to make me up a bracket and weld it on, cheers for the help so far!

(Edit: I'm looking to do mostly cosmetic things and some basic faster bits, going to be looking for a new engine in the future)

You're a legend mate.

I thought they took the crf50 plastics as well but only the petrol tank fender things fit. Also got some crf70 ones to see if they fit but they didn't either.

Not too sure about standard quarter turn, I think it's just regular, feels about the same as my other bike anyways.

I kinda bought it on impulse as a project, even though I know nothing about bikes or how to explain bike related problems haha. I can get help putting stuff on the bike I'm just stumped as to where to find parts and what parts fit, or even where to measure the things to see if they fit. There isn't really any bike mechanics around where I live who will work on it and I'm not really in the scene to know people who can just sort it out.

Mark you throttle grip at the top with a biro or marker, then turn it to full throttle and look where the mark end's up.

So say the top position (no throttle) is at 12 o'clock, then turn it to full throttle and if it stop's at 9 o'clock then it's a 1/4 turn throttle.

The RX Motovert's run longer f&r fender's than the little CRF50's, but the CRF50 sticker's still fit.
The tanks side shroud's are the same as crf50 as are the side number plate's
Like these-
Full Plastics Dirt PIT Bike 50cc 70cc 90cc 110cc 125cc CRF50 Cover | eBay

Long fender's

$_12.JPG

Short fender's

$_12.JPG

Ahh yep I did get the shorter ones. Ordered a set of those, cheers man.

And yeah it's already got the quarter turn.

How would one go about measuring wheel spacers? It's got none for the rear wheel.

The rear fender will need some slight mod's to get the numberplate holder/mudflap to fit.

That link i posted above to the Motovert site, RX spare part's have them listed as 31mm for the left and 18mm for the right
And measure the diameter of your rear axle to work out what size bore you need for the bush's.
Slips an open end spanner over the axle and see what fit's, 12mm or 15mm

Thanks didn't even think of checking the site for measurements.

So the electric start is a bit weird, it works but it makes a noise and sort of shoves the bike forward a bit if that makes sense?

Id like to remove the electric start and just have a kick start, is there a way of going about that or should I just try and sort of the elec start?

It shouldn't move the bike forward, was it in gear by any chance ?

It's not a massive move just a small shove, probably not even enough to really move the wheels. 100% sure it was in neutral.

Ok so is there any way I can take out the electric start and battery but still run lights etc? Kick starting is fine. The electric **** itself and is just making a clicking noise when I press it now.

Also the black bit of plastic that sits between the carby and the manifold seems to be too small for the oko carb (carb is about 5mm bigger around the sides but the bolts still match up) can I get another one of these easily or is there something else I can do?

Uploading a few pics this arvo.

Last edited:
Take the plastic bit off, you don't need it with the rubber Oko adapter

You might be able to fix the electric start fairly easily,
Try bridging a piece of wire from the + battery terminal to the power in terminal on the starter motor, see if it turn's over then.
If it does it mean's your starter motor relay have failed
they are about $13 inc delivery off ebay
Relay Starter Solenoid 50cc 90cc 110cc 125cc 250cc 300cc ATV Quad Dirt Bike PIT | eBay

There a few thing's you could do
1 Just leave the starter there and don't use it.
2 Leave the starter there and don't use it, and replace the battery with a capacitor.
3 You can take the starter motor off but it'll leave a hole there,
i guess you could make up a metal plate to bolt's back over the hole and seal it up so water doesn't get into your stator etc.
4 Other thing you could do is to convert it to kick start only, it will cost you under $100 to do though.
You'd need another stator and flywheel and stator cover.
Then remove your stator/side cover, take the flywheel off, then take the starter motor mounting plate off.
This will leave a smaller slot in the engine case where the starter mount plate sat, you could fill that in with a small plate and silicon it up.
Then you can just bolt the kick start only stator onto the engine, fit the new flywheel and stator/side cover.
Sound's a bit more involved than what it is.

You could replace the battery with one of these capacitor's, the light's will work only when the bike is running
Siemens Aluminum Electrolytic Screw Capacitor Sikorel 105 LL B41550 22000uF 63V | eBay

Starter motor mounting plate

$_12.JPG

If you replace the stator, get one of these stator and flywheel's, it'll help the engine rev a little quicker too.
Magneto Stator Plate Flywheel Roller YX 150cc 160cc PIT PRO Trail Dirt Bike | eBay
Does your voltage regulator look like this one ?
12V 5 Wire Voltage Rectifier Regulator 150cc 250cc PIT Quad Dirt Bike ATV Buggy | eBay
If not you may need to replace that too.
Stator cover-
Sprocket Cover Lifan Stator Magneto Engine Side Case 110 125 140 150cc PIT Bike | eBay

Latest posts

Back