Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
What type of battery are people using in there rx? My standard yuasa yt4lbs wont hold a full charge anymore and the battery has been discontinued by yuasa. I tried a motobatt replacement but it leaked acid after 2 weeks.

What type of battery are people using in there rx? My standard yuasa yt4lbs wont hold a full charge anymore and the battery has been discontinued by yuasa. I tried a motobatt replacement but it leaked acid after 2 weeks.

dude yuasa batteries are good thou old school . try a lithium battery cost a little more , half the size and weight more cranking power . l use it on 300/450s 4 strokes and great.

they come with foam packers so you can fill the void in your battery compartment . the battery will be a lot smaller to the original with the bonus of more power.

Last edited:
Yeah i have used the Yuasa Battery's in older bike's without a problem.
You need to use a trickle charger to top up and maintain the battery's if you don't use them all the time

And yeah, the Motobatt have gone to the crappers in the last few years.
Every day i here of at least one leaking, dying, dropping a cell etc

You could look into an AGM non spillable, std or performance, or SLA Deep Cycle or Sealed Gel battery too, SLA are pretty cheap and cant leak.
All battery's need to be kept over 12.6v when not being used.

The Lithium Ion are very good too, very lightweight and smaller than the equivalent lead acid model,
but you'll need a special Lithium Ion (LiFePO4) Battery charger to balance the cells properly otherwise it'll explode

Yeah i have used the Yuasa Battery's in older bike's without a problem.
You need to use a trickle charger to top up and maintain the battery's if you don't use them all the time

And yeah, the Motobatt have gone to the crappers in the last few years.
Every day i here of at least one leaking, dying, dropping a cell etc

You could look into an AGM non spillable, std or performance, or SLA Deep Cycle or Sealed Gel battery too, SLA are pretty cheap and cant leak.
All battery's need to be kept over 12.6v when not being used.

The Lithium Ion are very good too, very lightweight and smaller than the equivalent lead acid model,
but you'll need a special Lithium Ion (LiFePO4) Battery charger to balance the cells properly otherwise it'll explode
THANks for that

Would i be able to use the yausa yt4xlbs? Its the same dimensions as the yt4bs so will fit in the battery cradle

dude yuasa batteries are good thou old school . try a lithium battery cost a little more , half the size and weight more cranking power . l use it on 300/450s 4 strokes and great.

they come with foam packers so you can fill the void in your battery compartment . the battery will be a lot smaller to the original with the bonus of more power.

Xan i just take my battery to a battery shop and they will find a replacement? I just need sonething what will fit in the rx battery cradle

Xan i just take my battery to a battery shop and they will find a replacement? I just need sonething what will fit in the rx battery cradle

if you buy on line (ebay) they will list your battery size and the suitable replacement. the lithium will always be smaller . So it will be supplied with foam to make the difference in your cradle. In addition a lithium will always hold a charge better than a lead cell battery longer without use .

The L part of the battery model number is the terminal orientation,( yt 4 x l bs ) so it may have the + and - on the wrong side of the battery.

i cant find anything on ebay for the yt4lbs. So what is the difference between the YT4L-BS and the YTX4L-BS? will it work fine on a stock motovert 125rx

This is from the Yuasa PDF, the YTX4LBS is a high performance version of the YT4LBS

GYZ/YTX/High Performance AGM
Separator AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) High puncture resistant separator for increased
service in high vibration applications
Top Lead Alloy Calcium Alloy Increased weld strength & severe vibration resistance
Vent System Valve & Flame Arrestor Valve relieves excess pressure to prevent bursting,
flame arrestor frit prevents internal combustion

hey moto if your not in a rush for a replacement you could always compare dimensions with the yuasa. l put a lithium in a chinese quad a few years back . measure the yuasa and compare the specs with simular size lithium . Ebay sellers do specify the dimensions as they are a lot smaller. l had to size up my bigger bikes batteries as well for correct fitment . it just may take a bit of research. Worth the lithium

Latest posts

Back