Motovert Type R, 201cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought it was about time i started a seperate thread for this bike, so here it is :)
As some may know i bought this bike from kosta a while back, it originaly had a taki headed 184 in it. When i got it i found the rear a little soft, (the bike came with a cr80 rear shock conversion) and the gpx black labels a little stiff. So i swapped the shivers onto this bike, and wound the preload up on the shock. Im still not happy with the rear, but its better than it was.
Callum ended up cooking his tb headed 184 engine up, so i kindly donated the taki engine to him, which left me with afew options. Another 184 with his tb head, a 190 anima, or something a little different. Me being me, i decided on the different route, as i like to tread the less walked path ;)
I bought a ooracing charger bottom end, and super spin stator set up, with 12 000 rpm limiter, and am adding a steel sleeved tb 201 kit to that, with a ported and reconditioned tb head. I have to say a huge thanks to craig (my67xr) who is doing the head work, boring the cases, and has handled a few orders for me (some sites are still not android compatible, others i couldnt seem to remember my password for :/ )
Currently the bottom end and stator system is still sitting at craigs house, but i should be all systems go in a few weeks.
Craig also informed me that jaimie has a 184 with a ported tb head, and thats throwing down 23hp, so needless to say i am pretty excited about this engines potential.
Pics will be up as progress is made, but here is a pic of the motovert languishing in my shed waiting for her new heart ;)
a3c385559a5221cf8678e32bb3095f6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see how it turns out Stu.

Will be a weapon that's for sure.

And that engine ^^ is / was in Jaimie's Z50 !!
But he said it's going into a CRF style pitbike frame soon.

Some pic's of Stus' part's.

OORacing YX160 Charger, balanced crank / shimmed gearbox

TB V2 head, sneak peek's,
Exterior cleaned up, degreased, casting dag's removed, grit blasted, then bead blasted

Tb match ported manifold

OORacing ignition

That would be a whole lot of fun, would love to build a quick z one day... thanks for the pics craig, the head is looking brand new!

I only just noticed there is no oil pump on the bottom end, i dont recall them saying i needed my own oil pump. Goddamn it!

Head is looking better than new without all the rough casting edge's every where, i got rid of the dent's on the left side, and cleaned up the air port's past the exhaust and intake port's.
Hmm, no oil pump in their picture. OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components
You'll need a new kick start gear for the back of the clutch basket as well if you don't have a spare.
Do you have a 16mm kickstart lever too ?

That looks feaking awesome! I didnt realise just how good it looked in the other pics, thanks so much mate.
I will look around for a oil pump, are there any hi flow pumps available? I knew i needed another kickstart, i have a secondhand gear here off the zs bottom end, but i was planning on getting a new one, its pretty worn and i wasnt sure if it would work anyway.

That looks awesome.

Going to be a weapon.

Hope the kick start gears will hold up to all that compression.

Have you got a sleeve yet Stu. If not I have a pretty new one sitting here. With piston and what not.

You better buy some heavy duty undies to carry them big balls of steel you have for riding 200cc in a mini

Will be keeping an eye on this! Craig loving your work too!

Long live Mini Menace MX

Bike got a clean up :)
abfb7fffb3d73dbc0a2d683de2fa4965.jpg

I had a go at cleaning up the intake bell on the pe28
189a61fa76ee85d2196b7e8ca8f0e73b.jpg

And the header is no longer brown and black
77975f71717b660a27c4da896388ffdb.jpg

Daytona style clutch case, debating whether to paint it, polish it or leave it how it is..
fafa540bbd4dfb9c3b9d51ae95075214.jpg

Exhaust came up nice.
That square lip on the inside of the intake on your carby can be rounded out too if you want.
It's pretty easy with a couple of file's then sandpaper/polish

Side cover arrived quick!
What size is the sight plug hole ?
And did the 2x removeable cover's come with o'ring's ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back