Motovert Type R, 201cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No o rings with it, and the sight glass is 25mm.
Which lip do you mean craig? Will have a go it when im sure which one you mean lol
I am making a start on polishing the stator cover now, i recon i will leave the clutch case as it is, i was looking over the clutch case i polished for callums old 160, and remembering how painful it was lol when i pick a colour scheme for the bike i might paint it see what happen lol

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

The first lip (3mm flat edge ) as the air goes into the carb, like this one

The Lifan 150 oil filter o'ring is roughly 44mm i/d, and the Oil sight window fit's into a 25mm hold in the side cover

Yeah that's the Oko 30mm, i think i polished it a bit more after those shot's

It looked like this originally

Last edited:
Bike now has braaap/ycf billet hubs installed, took me a while to get the rear to fit but its in :)
Greased the linkage bearings, which has removed the play that had started to develop, and got a little more done on the stator cover
b6ea27728e16619afb1ddd512aa4d862.jpg

f96f1eede7676086244637e79c08af3f.jpg

A box of part's arrived this morning from Jaimie at Classic Honda 50's, thank's mate

It was full of TB goodness !!

So gasket set, kick start gears and oil cooler lines arrived. To bad i ordered 10mm banjo fittings thinking the yx ran 10mm ones so the oil cooler lines are useless :/ luckily that means the push on barbs i have on the 160ho bottom end will work being 8mm :)

Sorry thing's were a bit slow last week or so (health problem's), hopefully i can get into it next week and finish it off.

Sorry thing's were a bit slow last week or so (health problem's), hopefully i can get into it next week and finish it off.
Dont be sorry mate, i was just wondering how things were looking. Hope your ok, get to the engine when you can, im not stressed, as i said, was just curious ;)

Clutch cover o ring showed up today so now im all set on my end. Once craig is done with the case boring and head porting i will be braaap braaap once more :)

Are you running a base gasket? The 201's run better without it or skim the jug to get the piston up the bore. I had a much higher comp piston in mine than the TB piston as well. I wonder where my old cases are as I know my old engine is not being used. Love that you are going 67mm mate, good stuff. 70mm next time!

They dont leak without the base gasket phil? If not i will go that way. Yours was a ooracing setup wasnt it?
It was a combination of your build and another that inspired me to try the 201 route :)

Phil your bike had so much compression! It was insane! Ummm i think your cases either ended up with Damian in Shepp or at Buzz bikes

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Nah Phil's motor is in some nugget 50 frame with a 160 top end on it.
I sold it to a guy and two week later he blew it up.
Got rebuilt back to a 160 for some random reason and got put in a 50 frame. I have been on the look out for that motor but I can't seem to find it.
It's a shame as I have the spare 201 kit still at my house.

If not running a base gasket then you have to use yamabond or similar. Terry at FP has all the info on that. Mine was oo racing style, exactly the same but not from them. If my old motor is in that 50 frame then I know who has it.

Latest posts

Back