MSO 140 SX Carby issues

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turd

Reaction score
Hey all,
Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have got an MSO 140 SX pit bike and need some assistance. When i turn my fuel tap on it comes straight out of the bottom line on the side of the carby when i am riding it it dont do it. I have heard to check the float as it maybe stuck open. Was wondering if anyone has had similar issues or now of a fix before i dismantle it.

Cheers

try tightening the carby drain screw at the bottom or the carby, or if its comming out the overflow then yes it probly is the float stuck open. or its set to high. pull down and clean your carby and see if that fixes it!

cheers mate will give it a go.

Thanks again

do you no how to pull and put a carby back together first before you do it?

done the one on my cr250 so i guess it would be similar. plus the old mans a mechanic so can get him to assist if i fail

yeh mate you should be right all carby are the same princible pretty much

and if ya stuck give ya old man a call lol

bit off topic but a burning question on my mind is why would you choose turd of all the names you could have picked?!?!?!

Because a mate and i just call each other turd for no real reason even his 2 year old son calls me uncle turd. HAHAHA i dont know man just did

LOL ....... At least you're taking it comically and light hearted as you intended it to be taken by others ....... and when you have a good think about it ...... it's a name that'll tend to stick ...... :p

The first thing anyone should do with a new chinese bike is remove the tank to give it a GOOD wash out and flush the tap and fuel line plus drain the float bowl ..... There can be bits of plastic and other junk left in there by the manufacturer which can cause fuel overflow and other needless minor problems that amount to a PITA .....

Fitting an easily cleanable fuel filter is also a good idea ..... small 4 strokes have small jets in the carbs which are easily affected by tiny bits of dirt etc .... :)

Adjust the float level

G'day all. You just have to set the float level right mate, mine was the same. It works very well once set up though. My 150cc barrel/piston also works well with this carby. I have a spare Kehin Flatside 28mm if anyone wants it.
Peace ride on MSO

OK i have an MSO 140sx, and ever since i got it, it has had major carbie issues. Firstly when i got it, it pissed fuel out of one of the hoses. I fixed this by just pulling it apart and cleaning everything. I then noticed that i could not get it to idle, even with the idle speed screw turned fully in. after a bit of riding i can now get it to idle, but its way too fast.

Now the real problem is, if i have the idle screw turned in to any degree, the bike does not engine break. What i mean is, when i accelerate, then let the throttle off, the bike slows down very slowly and it feels almost like i still have my hand on the throttle or as if the slide is jammed (which it isnt). Then when i have the idle speed screw fully out, the motor behaves normally and accelerates with throttle on, and engine breaks when i let the throttle off. The problem with having the screw fully out is that the engine wont just sit there and idle and it stalls when there isnt any throttle in low gears with the clutch in. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it really has me screwed. If i need to buy a better carbie i will, as i cant understand how this is happening. so reccomendations would also be appreciated.

Cheers guys

mate for a stock 140 a 26mm oko carby would work a treat there $100 delivered of ebay or mso might even have them and also get a uni filter...

your bike should run sweet with that carby or even a 28mm oko flatside if you intend on adding more power later on the 26 is good for stock and the 28 would be abit better if it was ported,new cam,hi comp piston etc etc

try moving the clip on the needle before you buy a fresh carby this is how you do major adjustments ...if that don't work you rejet it ... same carby on mine and I live at altitude ...if I can tune mine up here you should be able to tune yours down there...check the tutorials there is a great a carby tuning tutorial that'll tell ya all ya need to know.

I f it is defective Ken and linda will sort you .... but try n tune it first

^^^

yeh thats the way but its still worth geting the oko cause you get abit more performance and its alot easier to dial in in the future if you do mods etc etc

^^^

yeh thats the way but its still worth geting the oko cause you get abit more performance and its alot easier to dial in in the future if you do mods etc etc

yes mate all day I run an oko 28mm too bruz

a worthy mod indeed:cool:

Just check that you dont have any crap around the float level control fuel needle(where the fuel comes in from)..adjusting the hight of your float level might cause you more toubles then you all ready have.....raising or lowering the float level will make it run to lean or to rich...

hey Pitboss125 is it a possibility you put the carbie back together wrong ? lost or didn't properly refit a gasket ? Yours sounds a little more then a simple tune and especially for a new bike, you may have missed something on reassembly.

Hey guys, bit off topic but what would be a good carby upgrade for a 2007 motovert expert. Private message me if you can.

john

hey Pitboss125 is it a possibility you put the carbie back together wrong ? lost or didn't properly refit a gasket ? Yours sounds a little more then a simple tune and especially for a new bike, you may have missed something on reassembly.

Hey mate, nah i dont think it was anything i have done cause its acted like that from the moment it came out of the crate.

Latest posts

Back