Muffler

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam93

VIC MR Ride Day Organiser
Reaction score
Does anyone know of some good mufflers that I could use on my motard?

I got a new muffler today, and I decided I want something different so its getting sold :p

This is the muffler I just got:

Big Bore Alloy Performance Exhaust System GPX YX 150cc 160cc - DHZ Mini Moto

I got that in black...

So what shops or websites do you know with decent mufflers?

Engine: YX150 (KLX STYLE) will be modded heavily.
Bike: CRF50 style.

might pay to do your homework with this one, not sure how easy it will be to find a YX style exhaust to go into a CRF frame...
There isnt much choice in the way of mufflers...
if you're running a non-remote reservoir shock, or a DNM MT-bag shock, you could go twin pipe set-up...

Yeah i have noticed how anoying it is to find a pipe to fit my frame that also suits a klx head....I think this whole thing might result with getting a custom exhaust with can from akunar. But i was thinking maybe get twin pipes and the adapter so i can use with my engine...That NCC plate from dhz i think it is. then get 2 huge cans like yoshi style and get them welded on....But i would have to sell my DNM MTG-RC and get a DNM MT BAG with remote resi...

this is my current shock that i am running:
KDF DNM MTG-RC REAR SHOCK ABSORBER 1000LBS 1000 SHOCKIE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 11-Jun-10 23:44:52 AEST)

Last edited:
yeah that one wont run a twin set-up...
Smart969 has a D-section muffler, had a look at that?
Akunar may be the way to go, or like you said, custom set up...
pit bikes run small diameter pipes, so you may be able to have one bent up and welded by an exhaust shop for around $200...

I had same problem same exhaust

SNC00639_small.jpg

Just took it down to the local exhaust shop and had them cut and tig it up, that was at least 6+ months ago. Today it is still as good as the day it was welded up. I think it looks much better too :)

SNC00641_small.jpg

not sure how easy it will be to find a YX style exhaust to go into a CRF frame...

They are definately around. Got that setup on my vert. TBH, didn't think it would be that hard at all to find.

Im more leaning towards custom akunar pipe, but didnt really want to spend that much at the moment...How much are the akunar pipes? I looked at the site and for a normal one its $120 USD and i dont think thats custom....

well its pretty much custom from akunar , you can pick and choose what type muffler you want etc..

Either way custom or not theres not alot that can look different with a header..

each akunar pipe he makes is custom in the fact that he makes it to suit your engine size (cc)
so really if your going to order a pipe from him make sure you tell him the specs you hope to have at the end of the day, and also tell him its for short or long course motard..

also sam, does your yx150 head have dirtmax embossed on it? usually on the top side above the spark plug if it does..

Im looking at the rOund pit bike exhaust and I'll email him and find out a quote for shipping etc...
I didn't want to spend this much on a pipe right now but its best doing it right the first time instead of using this one then upgrade...And Im not sure about all of the tracks I do sean some are short some are big? :s

And I just checked I couldn't find a dirtmax thing embossed...why is that sean?

Also does anyone know if they are the only 2 mufflers he has? the Oval and Round?

Last edited:
i think thats all he has, but just ask him.. as for track length see if it matter between the 2.

dirtmax heads use crf style pipes, so youll have to ask if he can make a crf one to suit yx150 head..

just remember too that the aussie dollar has dropped in the ass so price may be a little higher than usual

yeah I wont be able to purchase the pipe for a few weeks yet as im broke...So ill wait till the dollor is good :p

Mite be waiting a while :) .
im looking at getting a akunar pipe .... but will be a pain as i have to send him my pipe because he's never done one before.

Because your bike is TTR style? They do look pretty good and for the price to they arent bad compared to ebay junk...

yer

I would never buy a chinga pipe , they are extremely overpriced .. pretty much got every kind in the shed anyway , all crap .

I get mine for shit all but I don't want something that most other people have...I like some custom bits :D

the NCC pipe adaptors do shit all.. crap seel and will have u scratching your head for hours.

dont bother.. do it properly.

Latest posts

Back