My 155z Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop88

Reaction score
Finally bit the bullet and got an outlaw160 from dhz. I live in southern WA and it only took 5 days to get to my door. I'm really happy with the service and postage. Was a bit of a root around to swap all the controls over to the pro taper bars but well worth it. Everything else went together fine. Dropped the shipping oil and put some good stuff in. Greased a few bits up and made sure everything was tight.

As it is:

2012 pitsterpro 155z
Oko 26mil flatslide
Black crf70 plastics
Pro taper high bars
Uni filter
Red billet gear shifter

Ordered bits:

Red billet dress up kit, sprocket cover, chain guard, fuel cap and chain tensioners.
Forged pitsterpro kickstart
Red asv replica levers
White 88's

Down the road bits:

V2 head
184bbk
Shivers
Elka

Depends how into it I get it's just for fun at the moment.

enjoy :)

IMG_1898_zpscd32bbb4.jpg

IMG_1897_zps218c84bb.jpg

IMG_1896_zps59c34744.jpg

IMG_1894_zps433fc55c.jpg

I'll add more pics as I get new parts

Last edited:
Sick mate looking good !! did you put the crf50/xr50 high bars on it ??? im used to the klx style low rise pro tapers on crf 70 based bikes

Yeah I bought them when I got the bike ay. It did feel a bit weird at first having them up so high but it's good when ya ride standing up. I was surprised how big the bike feels when your riding it you can't even tell its a mini.

You will love the bike. Great fun they are.
Make sure you oil your air filter. Turn it slightly so its pointing downwards.
You will find it will ride heaps better if you bring the bars back a little closer to parallel to the forks or a touch past parallel.

Thanks man yeah I oiled the filter good. I didn't realise how far forward I had the bars lol I'll change it now. Are uni filters normally really hard to get on and off? I think maybe he have me the wrong size ay

Good point Damo, def bring those bars back inline with the forks, we'll done coops you will love the 155 even in stock form:)

Don't over tighten the uni filter mate only do the clamp up till it bites and then a tad more. Also make sure to oil the inside of your filter and work it in well. They are a great bike mate have fun.

Yeh mick I was surprised how much go it had ay I wasn't expecting as much at all. Is there a noticeable difference once you go the v2? Worth the money?

Just adjusted my bars parallel and feels better just sitting on it. Spun the uni so it's angling down and I can turn my fuel on and off without getting filter oil on me now haha

Don't over tighten the uni filter mate only do the clamp up till it bites and then a tad more. Also make sure to oil the inside of your filter and work it in well. They are a great bike mate have fun.

Cheers man yeah I gave it a few squirts inside when I oiled it. Yeah I just did the clamp up firm and I can tell its nOt denting the rubber. I don't know what sticker kit I want but something original that I haven't seen. You got some designs you be able to email me for ideas?

Yeh mick I was surprised how much go it had ay I wasn't expecting as much at all. Is there a noticeable difference once you go the v2? Worth the money?

Yeah mate it is def worth the coin but thats where the stock jetting stopped for me, i believe the s35 is more mid to topend revs where i like low end to be accessible for trails and hillclimbs, all in all it takes a lil time to zero the carb in for optimal performance and at times may lose a tad thru other sections of the rev range to get a bit more from others, but the difference was disgusting and the bike was alive and the neighbours new there must of been an upgrade on the pitty as the burnouts and quick squirts around the yard were more aggressive lmao haha.

Hahaha sweet man thanks. I haven't even touched the Carby yet and it seems fine ay. It feels quicker off the mark than my 06 yz450 was haha. To me it feels like it has power right trough the rev range but I haven't ridden it much yet and haven't really been concentrating on how it's running I'm too busy being excited as hell haha

Good stuff mate, mine used to live on the limiter, but if you ever rebuild it later on down the track replace the cam chain also, i had one go after three years and the head was binned lol.

Cheer for the heads up man. I just opened it up then more than I have been and it fly's ay. So pleased with it. Casey at dhz said just don't valve bounce it but run it in hard it's like it just never revs out haha.

Makes me feel better knowing yours has lasted years. Hopefully I get the same outta mine. Everything's replaceable anyway and it's all pretty affordable compared to big bikes... Xr200 needs new front and back sprockets and a chain and they wanted $387 all up just for that..

Latest posts

Back