Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks, i'm running out of 1/8 stones and burrs for my little grinder so i didn't polish all the scratch's out of the exhaust, but it will still be a lot better than it was.
i can't believe how restricted they are especially the exhaust port

what happened to the YX stoozo ?

i swapped the rear tyre over yesterday, onto the freshly painted Gold rim.
i don't think i like it, might have to respray it Titanium silver like the front
it looks too small now.

nah masked it up,
i'll get a pic of the whole bike tomorrow if it's not wet.

here's some pic's showing the Z155HO head, i gave it a sandblast today to clean it up.

the first few pics i was just starting to blast it, shows the difference side by side, you can see where its' been blasted
and you might notice in the background of a pic, the sand up to 15 feet away from where i was doing it.

and here is my modified/machined stator backing plate, so i can run the Daytona/Lifan 150 adjustable timing Outer Rotor kit.
the backing plate needed 3mm taken off the stator mounting face so the flywheel doesn't hit on the Z155HO/Z160HO engines.
i had one machined for stoozo at the same time.

and while i was at the machinists' i asked him about case boring, yeah no problems for him

Cool cool....you're going to be a little surprised at the extra power in the 160 I recon!! Mine started so easy with the new lead :thumbup: the small parts add up fast almost spent $100 this week on small parts now!!! Kinda glad Morgan is off the table tbh....bloody keen to get out for a real ride!!

Oh and your driveway looks like a beach too...good effort!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

some pics with the Gold painted rim on the rear

and the stator sitting on the backing plate,
it will need some 12mm long bolts to mount the staor to the plate now that it is 3mm thinner

Reckon that looks fine! It fits in with the subtleties like the gold rear master cylinder, the oil cooler, bars and gear shifter!

yeah looking at the pics above it doesn't look that bad
just need to work out if i should respray the front rim gold, or the rear Titanium silver ?

Nah we should run gold rear rims so ppl know who the miniriders are!! They'll know were the 'real' China bike riders not hackers!! When the gold rear rim crew rocks up!! I like it, makes it look more like a real bike :thumbup: different colour rims were always an Adelaide freestyle bmx thing!! :thumbup:

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

the machinist also mentioned his son can strengthen/harden the gearbox gears too,
after treating them they are 30% stronger than they were, the cost for this is around $100

i fitted up the Daytona style Adjustable Outer Rotor kit onto the Ho the other night.
i noticed that the wiring on the back of the stator rubbed across the sharp edges of the backing plate
i thought i'd fix this problem by grinding/filing it back a bit to give it more clearance

this pic shows the modified backing plate fitted to the engine, you can see where the stator plate bolts to that its been machined 3mm deeper to give the flywheel some clearance
the section marked in blue needs to be trimmed back to stop the wiring insulation from rubbing through.
if you look just above it to the right you can see where the wiring runs in the casings' cutout
thought it would be worth doing to same me future hassles

here's a pic showing a standard backing plate against the 3mm machined one

and here is the modified cutaway section, it's sitting on top of another machined backing plate (stoozo's)
the wiring slot is now 10mm wider, and all the edges have been rounded

and here it is fitted, i bought some new backing plate mounting screws too, they are M6 x 16mm countersunk 316 Stainless

Yeah its not to bad....just feeling seedy plus that guy came to buy those brakes. Well Im glad that pitpro bigwheel lives on he said it should be ridable tomorrow....so he obviously had the right sized front brakes lucky!!

i started up the Fuse this afternoon, it took a couple of kicks to fire up without the choke.
the choke has locked up for some reason?
the other night i took the fuel bowl off to check the jets, and noticed my fuel is a bit dirty.
i might need to give it a flush out but the filter looks clean

Latest posts

Back