My 88 Carby Help PLEASE So I Can Get Riding!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy251

Reaction score
Hey guys.

WELL...Ive got my 2006 Honda CRF 88 with the Takegawa Hyper S-Stage 88cc Bore Kit with the Stock Head and a FiveO Podium Pipe.

Recently bought a TB 20mm Carb NEW but Im having trouble getting the engine running well...

Been fiddling around with the Air and Fuel Screw and also set the Needle to the Middle Clip.

As it is now Ive got the Fuel Screw 4 Turns out and Air Screw 2 Turns out...does this seem ok to you guys???haha...sounds alright but it doesn't seem to rev very well. Ive checked out the slide etc. and that's all fine...most likely the Jetting??? OR I just can't figure out the right Idle haha?!

Jets Im Running:
-#89 Main Jet
-#35 Pilot Jet

PLEASE Help me out as I want to get riding...TODAY!!!haha

Cheers guys,
Tomy

Well I took my 88 out for a ride this afternoon...been about 5 weeks since I last Rode It :eek: Haha!!!

Anyways, had the Air Screw 1 1/2 Turns out with the Fuel Screw about 4 Turns out and seemed to run well...EXCEPT It wanted to bog down a bit from 1/4 to 1/2 Turn so might need to run a few different Jets and try one lower needle setting.

Other than that Bike ran Sweet and HEAPS BETTER Now with a NEW TB 20mm Carb :D So Good To Be Back Riding the thing!!!haha

BEST.jpg

Latest posts

Back