my Atomik Pro X 125. the quick fix/budget build thread

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
some of you may have seen my latest parts bike, it's an Atomik Pro X 125cc.
i picked it up for $120, i just wanted to use the front forks and maybe the rear shock on my other bike.

but i've been thinking about it and seeing as it is almost complete,
i might swap my old Fuse forks onto it, replace the bad plastics etc, find another KLX/TTR seat, respray/tidy it up and resell it.
that way i can offset/recoup some of my costs.

Last edited:
Fair plan....wow that's got some decent parts on it for $120, where did you find that one hiding? Tidy that up and you'll get $600 easy tomorrow, cash, or swap for lowered comoddore...on facebook. Nah would clean up really well I think doesnt look to shabby at all!

Even just stripping it down cleaning up the parts and selling them you'd make your money back with ease I'm thinking!

good idea, i have thought of doing the same, i have alot of spares that could easily make a bike, but....is there room in your signature ? lol

lol,
yeah this fix/rebuild/bodge wont go long enough to warrant a place in my sig !
i reckon i should be able to get around $350-$400 if it look good ?

Yeah I think you're aiming a little low there Craig. I think 450-500, wont be to much of a problem with fresh plastics looking nice! ****....This guy only wants $300 for this...should I get it?? Its a big wheel but isnt that 140 motor worth a packet?? I think I could replace seat and plastics and re-sell for $500 without a problem!

20140315_175902.jpeg
20140315_180706.jpeg

And yes I have a serious problem with wanting more bikes....

Last edited:
that is a Lifan 150 same as mine.

a Lifan 140 looks like this

1000x1000.jpg

Oh'k then so its good? How much do you want for yours when you pull it out(pm me)? I'm a little excited about that! Hence why I'm looking at them...I'd prefer not to buy a whole bike if I could avoid it. Plus you've looked after the one you have and I'm sure its one of the better maintained motors around. :thumbup:

I think once you get that atomik looking nice you'll get $400 minimum! Just confuse them with technical stuff about jets and how they all come to small and how thats all been fixed up and its running well. I mean you'd be a bit silly not to buy a bike from a mechanic as apposed to some bloke with a few spanners...

you could always buy that BigWheel 150, pull the Lifan 150 out, complete with the Loom, and swap it into one of of your bikes, say the TDR.
and refit the TDR's Ducar and loom into the BigWheel and sell it as a 125cc bike for the same as you paid for it.

then with the money you get back for it, buy my Lifan 150cc and put it into the PitPro.
and have a spare Ducar 125, or sell the spare engine for $120 - $150.

Good thinking Tex! I think he's been trying to sell it for a while if he sweats a little more might get him to drop it under $300! But yes that is a specifically good plan! :D

So you think that's going to be a cheaper option. Cause I basically end up with a free 150 dont I! :thumbup:

Last edited:
yeah that's it.
as long as that engine is good, not blowing smaoke, no knocking noises from the clutch basket, no jumping out of gear etc

i have a lot of spares from 2x 150 Lifans too, if it does need something.....

Yeah I'll have a good look at it...It ultimately looks rather clean, but it depends on how it goes too. When did they last make the PitPro 150 bigfoot? This guys says its a 2012...but I'm a little dubious of that!

the tank shrouds are ycf, dont think the rest is. looks a little rough cosmetically but if the engine is in good nick could be a good deal..
i reckon if you clean the pro x right up you would get 500 for sure, mate of mine paid 400 for one bout a month ago and that was a absolute pos. had crf footpegs and bar strapped under it, no brakes needed rings and carb clean lol i think 500 is easily attainable

Just for the parts alone that Atomik was a steal...I tend to agree $500 mark sounds about right. Thinking about the pit pro I bought for 400...Was pretty much stock chinese. Decent motor and decent frame. The Atomik has long adjustables on the front and all round decent parts, like the 1/4 turn throttle, cnc rear brake arm etc..I think it will come up quite nicely with minimal work!

the Adjustable forks, CNC Throttle, Brake pedal are going on my Fuse
it's basic, heavy, and an old model too.
i guess we'll see when it's all done.

i pulled the engine out yesterday, and degreased it,
today i filed back all the sharp edges and misaligned casings and covers to make them nice and smooth
pics below show them half way through

when i pulled the carby/manifold off i noticed the inlet port has been opened up to 29mm, and the china Mikuni that came off it is a 30mm (now i have 3 of them)

the ported intake on the right, standard Ducar head on the left

the engine is 95% ready for painting here,
i swapped all the good chrome bolts etc for rough one's just to paint it, the chrome clutch arm and the chrome side cover are off here too.
then i'll swap the good ones back on when it's painted

ignition cover is rubbed back and resprayed, (dusty already)

and the frame atm

i'm hoping to etch, prime, and paint the engine Satin Black tomorrow
then i can start on the frame and swingarm.

Last edited:
lol, i'll leave the fluro/funky colours to Hillz and Shearer,

it will look pretty clean when i'm done, i want to be able to sell it to the first person that looks at it.

Latest posts

Back