my bike is making weird noises

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
my mini dirt bike has got a engine and carb just like a mini moto so if you no anyt thing about them then u will probaly be able to help me :D

well any way as im setting off my bike goes a bit deep and sounds rearly funny its like there is no power at all and then all the sudden it kicks in and you go zooming but then its cuts out and

when u start it back up it does the same as it did when u fist set off but a bit worse

my best bet is there is some dirt in my carb or somthing restricting the feul flow or my feul tap is bodged since my feul tap is very dodgey

what do u think is the best thing to do to sort my problem :D

was the bike going ok before this, or is it just out of the crate?

trhvb adv

yer it has been going fine for about a month but over time i had noticed when i star my bike up and get going it was maikng that wierd sound only for a couple of seconds after as i pull off but to a mutch smaller degree i think my carb has got some dirt init orsomthing like that

what do u think

I always find it's could to clean the carby out periodically anyway, just slip it apart and blow compressed air through all the orifices, it's not diffucult so you may as well, usually dirt in your carby will creat a big flat spot, where the flat spot is depends on what is blocked. also what type of air filter do you have, an oiled foam one, or one of those thin cloth ones?

I just asked if it was new because some of these bikes come with jetting so bad the bikes hardly run.

iymk

i just have a cone air filter thats comes as standard with the bike

i think what i might do is buy a new carb there only cheap lol beacuse im selling my bike any way soon and then if my carb is blocked i can unblock it and sell it with spares

i tried blowing throw the feul tap but nothing differnt and i also have a feul leak in bertween my tap and main carb

beacuse i took it off to see the problem and ive made it worse lol

I wouldn't trust those cone filters in any dusty conditions, just trying taking the bottem (bowel) of the carby, their are two jets in their you should be able to see through them, if not blow air through, with a compressor, and maybe have a play with the fuel mixture srew, it should be somewhere around 1 1/2 - 2 turns out.

Latest posts

Back