My Bike will not IDLE!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magneto

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Im new to the forum so dont be harsh :D

I have an Atomik moto x 125 but am having troubles. The bike starts and idles fine on startup, and runs fine cruising around. BUT... when i give it some juice it wont idle when i come to a stop (does that make sense?). I have tried tuning the carby, it makes no difference. I have looked everywhere for answers but cant find one.

Should i get a new carby? If so Which?

I would really appreciate your advice! Also, this is just a bike for me to learn on so what would be a good next bike (im not so tall and can go for a licence soon)

Cheers guys!

This probably isnt your problem, however your carb spring maybe getting stuck or not the right one or your cable could be out of place/or fraying just have a look at that, like your throttle setup.

fuel stavation ,possible fuel blockage. i experience same. mine is atomik reign 160cc. found out a blockage inside the tank. emptied the tank blow it out with compress air and found lots or plastic shaving. after that it run all good at full throttle.

fuel stavation ,possible fuel blockage. i experience same. mine is atomik reign 160cc. found out a blockage inside the tank. emptied the tank blow it out with compress air and found lots or plastic shaving. after that it run all good at full throttle.

But mine has a fuel filter, if that makes a difference

And to the others ...my choke is off,

And, would it be worth dissasembling my carby?, and clean it?

Defianatly remove the carby and clean it with compressed air, remove the bowl and remove the brass jets and give it a good spray with carby cleaner and blow everything out. If the problem persists maybe try a new carby, cause if it rides fine under revs and idles at startup with the choke off it seems to be fuel, but like the other boys said check the fuel tank for a blockage, there is a filter on the top of your fuel tap inside the tank.

I had the same problem with the stock carby on the dpro 160 tried everything under the sun to fix it and in the end tossed it out and fitted an oko 26mm = pure win

I have a Reign 125 bigfoot. Carby is rubish. Get an OKO 26. The carb dosent even get fuel and then it just dies in the middle of the track. I have orderd my OKO26. It is coming tommorow.

Ill be sure to check it out on the weekend. Thanks guys!

Oh and any new bike sugesstions? mabye xt 225?

Carby seems fine, but my father thinks the float isnt working correctly, not getting enough fuel quick enough. fuel tank is fine too. i think that the mikuni is the most stupid design ive ever seen. no screws to ajust idle and fuel mixture. What to do?

I don't know why all these guys are getting oko 26mm for their stock 125s it will just cause bigger tuning problems, get the 24mm instead or a truck load of smaller jets, the 26 is mainly a setup for 160s, end rant.

Hello guys,
Im new to the forum so dont be harsh :D

I have an Atomik moto x 125 but am having troubles. The bike starts and idles fine on startup, and runs fine cruising around. BUT... when i give it some juice it wont idle when i come to a stop (does that make sense?). I have tried tuning the carby, it makes no difference. I have looked everywhere for answers but cant find one.

Should i get a new carby? If so Which?

I would really appreciate your advice! Also, this is just a bike for me to learn on so what would be a good next bike (im not so tall and can go for a licence soon)

Cheers guys!

When you say you tried to tune it what eaxactly did you do ?
Did you change any jets ?
If so what were they and what did you change it too ?
Have you changed anything on the bike prior to this problem ?

If you old man thinks its a fuel flow probelm, which is possible but not likely as it would more likely stop running at all levels and more likely to happen at full throttle.

Have you pulled the hose off the tank and let it drip out to see the fuel flow ?
Then reattach to the carbi with the fuel bowl off and test again to see if the fuel flow is the same.

Hey mate I got a Dpro 160cc with a oko 26mm carby can't get it to idle right got told to change the jets to 103 and 38 still no go what are you running I haven't changed the needle setting yet what is your air and pilot screw set at hope you can help its pissing me off

idle is pilot jet only. only change that one.
then its the clip/a little main jet to blame for the 1.3rd throttle opening
then its all the main jet from there on..
there is a diagram that explains it better around here

Latest posts

Back