My bike won't start/run...... Fixed.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typically the oil is picked up from the lowest point in the case by the oil pump, then sent thru the oil filter & distributed via passages, pipes or both to various parts of the engine & gearbox & wherever else it is needed then flows back to the lowest point again. That was a very simplistic expanation but you get the idea.

I'm not suggesting that my idea is nvd20l problem, there can be many other reasons, but I have come across this problem many times & overful oil was more often than not the cause. It seems like a good place to start as the problem only happaned after the oil change.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate both your viewpoints, you both definately know alot about motorbike mechanics/motors. When I get a chance to drain some of the oil, I will, then I will let you know how this goes. If this does not dolve the problem, I will have to take it to a motorbike shop.

Thanks again guys.....

Success. Took some oil out and I changed the spark plug. First kick and boom. I'm a little happier now. Thanks heaps for your inputs and suggestions. Now I have to get a rear brake pedal fabricated to go with the stonger foot peg bracket I got.

Thanks again....

No problems mate, good to see your bikes running again :)

Latest posts

Back