My Bobbed out CT110

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you ever see the Postie bike down Christies Beach area, with the solid rear end ?
it was for sale last year iirc .
the owner took the rear shocks off, and replaced them with some shorter steel tube, and painted them red or black ? to look like shocks.

Nah never seen that. Man that must of sucked to ride on our roads! Lol
There's a guy here who had some
Lowered shocks on his postie, but don't think he's been on here for a while,

Just cut the front fender up abit, will look heaps better than before.
Just gotta smooth off the holes and paint.
gu8ebete.jpg
u5yva4ed.jpg

i saw it out a few times, it would have been a jarring ride here that's for sure!

the fender looks good !
i was wondering what you were going to do when you said you were cutting it.

i thought you could of just painted the front and rear braces, like a Satin Black,
that would have made them less noticable too.

Yeah just wanted the stupid bracing off, it just looks plain ugly.
So hope this turns out well on the bike.

i was just just thinking,
what length are your rear shocks, eye-eye?
i have some chrome ones here that might fit ?
these are 11.5" eye-eye

Not quite sure will try and see if I can find the measurement on the net, or will sus when I'm home. What are they off of?

From centre of each eye to other is about 13.5 inches found em on ebay, doesent say if there longer than stock.
But not quite sure if there the same

the rear shocks i have i bought at the wreckers for $20ea, they said they were off a postie type bike.
i know they have a 12mm i/d bush at each end too.
they might be off a yamaha, or suzuki, equivalent, i dunno ?
i was going to adapt them to my sons Dune Buggy, but i bought some bigger/better/longer gas charged ones.

i'll get a pic for you, if they'll suit it, you can have the pair for $25
you can try them on/out before you buy them if you want?

Ohk sweet sounds good, def worth a shot anyway, il measure mine tonight and get back to you.

Thanks heaps mate

i have been wanting to do this for sooo long. there are so many cool ones out there.

That looks cool, I reckon I passed one of these not long back on south road edwardstown.

Last weekend decided was time to lower the rear end.
So I grabs some solid 16mm rod and welded it to the top of the rear guard/chassis. Made some brackets and welded the **** out of it. Tappeduploadfromtaptalk1392698055552.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392698085973.jpg a thread smoothed the welds out now all I gotta do is bog the imperfections and sand and paint. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

the rear ride height looks good now !

hmm, not the best way to do it.
all that heat from welding might have weakend that rod though
just keep an eye on it, and watch out for potholes!

Where abouts are you riding in that top pic? Dam runs are often good fun, the only thing that canberra has that's any good :)

Mt bold in south Australia. Mainly been riding country roads wide open all day haha

hey mate, bike is looking very nice. what exhaust are you running and how much modifying was their to fit it and also have you done bigger carb, pod?

Running a pitster pro lxr pipe. Nah didn't add any pipe just used what it had. Just a few cuts at the header and reweld.

Stock carb just bigger main jet and uni filter

Latest posts

Back