Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far out man your keen on a 26mm setup for a 190.

My OKO 26mm on the 184 setup I have plain sucks after trying so many jetting combo's.

50 pilot is massive. lol. I would say that's the only thing saving you. I run a 42 in the 184 setup and that is pretty big but my main is a 120 on the PE 28.

Yeah,
i was guessing a #42 going by the Daytona PE28 spec's.
With the #50, it starts first kick from cold with no throttle or choke.
I thought the biggest Pilot i had here was a #40 , i could only get it to pop once when kicking it over.
Then i found the #50, and it seems spot on.
But i will try a #48 when the new one's arrive just to make sure.
Might have to try it with the 112 Main when i take it out, i should order some more jets.
iIwas even thinking about drilling out my #38, but i have lost the .4 and .45 drill bits somewhere ?

I couldn't believe the factory Mikuni had a #15 Pilot and 100 Main Jet too....

I noticed. I just fitted my OKO yesterday. Starts first kick at 1 turn out. Have to see what the stock jetting does for me.

I noticed. I just fitted my OKO yesterday. Starts first kick at 1 turn out. Have to see what the stock jetting does for me.
you will want to go up in your pilot as i had to from stock, i think #100 jet may be too large also..
it started fine and idled okay.. not for long.. adjustment all the way in.. so i went to a #40 and it was perfect.
Main jet i left stock on my 155 after trying to go up a size (no go lost a ton of power) so on the stock 155 size id go lower than 100..

you will want to go up in your pilot as i had to from stock, i think #100 jet may be too large also..
it started fine and idled okay.. not for long.. adjustment all the way in.. so i went to a #40 and it was perfect.
Main jet i left stock on my 155 after trying to go up a size (no go lost a ton of power) so on the stock 155 size id go lower than 100..
i'm pretty sure the OKO 26mm is fitted to his 201cc now Zac.

i made up a mounting bracket to suit the bigger oil cooler onto the Braaap today, and fitted the cooler.
it fits nicely in between the tank shrouds.
also swapped the Renthal Bars off the Fuse on it, and a pair of used ASV copys that i picked up a while ago.
i cut 25mm of each end of the bars as they were for a full sized bike,.
and i've fitted some genuine Aussie bar end caps too while the grips were off, stuck them on with a daub of urethane, i got them cheap 5¢ each, lol
it now has a KLX style kill switch as well.

here's a couple of updated shots,

im really liking this braaap, you're doing an awesome job so far my67xr! those bar ends should polish up well! :p
definitely staying tuned!!

Thanks,
I was up until 3am Saturday morning swapping things around etc, just had the oil cooler mounts, lengthen the throttle cable for the OKO, and fit some grips to the bars left to do Saturday morning.
I was going to take it for a ride Saturday afternoon.
But our washing machine packed up and i ended up fixing that for the wife, it had leaking seals in the pump, So i improvised and fixed it with some dielectric grease and some o'rings, it's all good again now.

Now i'm hoping to take it out on Monday.
My mate has just bought another bike for his son, upgraded from a '03 YZ85 to a '05 or '06 YZ125.
I wonder who is quicker him or me ????
I must remember to suss out mount's for my helmet cam....

I want some footage of that, did you put a bigger front sprocket on, ir are you happy to give the 2 banger some top speed so you can dtick with it acceleration wise?

It still has the original 16T on the front atm, but i have a 17T sitting here too.
Doesn't look like you could fit any bigger sprocket than a 17T on them as the case is in the way, the chain would rub

Yeah I actually got a slight amount of case rub on the 17 tooth. Must have a big rear sprocket, mine was 15/36 when I got it, and the bloke I bought it off hadn't changed them, they must just come out with whatever sprockets they have lying about..

on the Braaap site it says
Most braaap models come out with a 45Tooth rear sprocket if you drop this size to a smaller sprocket your bike will have more top end, give it a try today!

It still has the original 16T on the front atm, but i have a 17T sitting here too.
Doesn't look like you could fit any bigger sprocket than a 17T on them as the case is in the way, the chain would rub

Not a problem keeping up with a yz 125 on 15/39 . l had a run with my new set up this weekend 17/36 and say spot on with the long track im riding. love to go 18 but don't want to buzz off any bits at this stage

ok thanks for that.
so comparing your 15/39 gearing to mine , my bike has 7.6% more torque, but 7.6% less top speed

if i fit the 17T front sprocket that makes it a lot closer
it will give me 1.8% more torque and 1.8% less top speed (top speed 1 km/h slower than yours)

i just entered your new gearing into the calculator,
and you have lost 22.8% torque, but gained 22.8 % top speed over the gearing you ran before
your top speed has gone up from 105 km/h to 130 km/h

ok thanks for that.
so comparing your 15/39 gearing to mine , my bike has 7.6% more torque, but 7.6% less top speed

if i fit the 17T front sprocket that makes it a lot closer
it will give me 1.8% more torque and 1.8% less top speed (top speed 1 km/h slower than yours)

i just entered your new gearing into the calculator,
and you have lost 22.8% torque, but gained 22.8 % top speed over the gearing you ran before
your top speed has gone up from 105 km/h to 130 km/h

torque wise cant really feel any lose, maybe if l was on a mx track (corner to corner) riding the bike constantly at top rpm range @ stock setting and straight pipe. The thing is a gem.

I did notice with the small rear sprocket on mine it chewed the ycf rubber chain slider out really quickly, is yours better with the bigger rear craig?

nah, the chain has just reached the slider and has started marking it.
i have urethaned and wedged some rubber strip under it, like the stuff used for hanging car exhausts that has fabric through it.

i want to find a slider, and another chain guide for the rear.

Latest posts

Back