Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
i don't know how many of you saw the Braaap Pro 190 i linked for sale on the Ebay / Gumtree Bargains thread
but it was sold fairly quick....

Guess who's the new owner ?

10352929_10205026306359629_2453795578873634880_n.jpg

some pics to follow...

I was planning a trip to try and get this next week, well done Craig, good deal

Sorry Phil,
and thanks,
after thinking it over, i would never get the chance to buy something like this again.
the seller didn't really want to drop his price from the original $2000, as he is heading up north early next week and needed plane tickets etc.
that was until i counted how much cash i had in my wallet in front of him.
money talk's.....

i was surprised to see it is smaller than the Fuse, i had a quick ride around his front yard and the bike felt so smooth.
the suspension is plush, and the torque of the engine felt sweet too.
keeping in mind it hasn't been tuned, adjusted yet, and is still running the factory 22/26mm Mikuni and muffler silencer insert.

i thought with the Braaap i can pretty much use it as for the moment, and i can slowly find some parts for the ZHo engine and build it up.

Loco, legend ? i only bought the bike, lol

i gave it a quick clean this afternoon after fixing the rear tube, tyre was flat due to a dodgy valve.
it still needs a bit of detailing etc, and a few new parts like sump guard, chain guide, chain slider stickers...

Nice work mate!!! You gonna bring it out to Murray bridge in November?

yeah hopefully !
luckily i'm a member of South Coast MX Club, so will save a couple of dollars too.

Your going to have some fun on this one Craig! Good on you, cant wait to see what you do with it :)

cheers,

the Braaap seems heavy compared to the Fuse, the weight seems a lot higher in the frame.
i think i'll try a 28mm D slide on it and see how it goes

there seems to be a lot of performance stuff available throughout Europe, might look into it a bit more later on.
had a quick ride in the back yard today, i opened the throttle on the driveway and the rear of the bike stepped out to the right.
got my heart racing for a second, lol

found this pic too Phil

daytonaanima027.jpg

Last edited:
Look how much extra steel is in the frame of the braaap compared to the fuse. How do the engi forks feel to you? Mine were a tad stiff for me.

Apparently there is only 4kg's difference in the Fuse and the Braaap (Braaap is heavier)
yeah mine feel's a bit stiff up front, i will need to set the bike up for my weight.
i'll probably go for some lighter weight oil in the Engi's, and back the preload off a tad on the Elka

i have some more Oko jets coming in a couple of weeks, i might even try the 26mm on the 190 too

I'd be sticking with a keihin pe28 and unifilter, awesome engine. Mine started first kick every time. Nice score Craig should turn it into a little ktm looking beast as the plastics and shape would suit the Ktm colors and style.

Ahh so I can't bolt a daytona head on my bike. Even if you put a Molkt 28 on it it will scream. Same sticker kit I used to have on mine too! The Europeans are impossible to buy stuff from, some shops in the UK stock YCF stuff but they are also bad at responses. What do you need Craig? Keep in mind BRAAAP don't stock YCF anymore.

Cheers,

I did a bit more reading up on the 190's last night a found out a few things.
The cams are designed for peak power at about 8500-9000, so i will look into modifying the ignition to cut it at about 9500 rpm.
Just for a bit of longevity.
I'm pretty sure i can add in a circuit to change the advance curve's too.
I think the engine would benefit from a bore / stroke ratio change, and move away from the square factory ratio a bit too.

Carby wise, i've been looking at the Kitaco 28mm Power Jet set up.
the jets are easy to find, and cost about $4 each.
That would be pretty easy to tune.
i'm sure the Daytona would like to have something a lot bigger too,
but that can wait till i have the head off and start on it with my Rotary tool
the pic below isn't the PJ model btw, just similar

k51-ch_lg.jpg

But the cost of modifying the engine will hold me back for a while.
Anything i can do my self cheap isn't a problem, especially the ignition side.

i don't think i'll worry about a linkage conversion for this bike, i think the factory suspension is more than i'll ever need once i have tuned it ...

The plastics i'm not a fan of.
I don't think i'll have a problem with making my own set, i would like to make up a TTR style set.
They have grown on me after buying the Fuse.
but for now i wouldn't mind a set of the blue braaap stickers, think i know someone that has a set cheap.

Next weekend i could be taking it out for a ride.
I scored a new cheap Helmet cam for Fathers day a few weeks ago too, so will have some footage from that ride.
It's the same type Wakey was using.

So i need to get the chain guard and chain slider sorted asap, and check out the valve adjustments and suss out the Mikuni too.

The other thing that'll be keeping me busy is fixing the bikes up that i need to sell to fix my very sad bank account.... lol
3 of them need to go asap!
And a total of 6 bikes and a buggy before xmas.
and the wife and kids are going away for a bit too, so the car needs a lot of work on the suspension, new rack ends and bushes and springs
the parts should be here mid next week

I'm gonna be very busy i think !!! :action-smiley-018:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back