my doodlebug

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grilled cheese

Reaction score
hi
i dont even know if this is this type of minibike forum, but here i am.
i thought id do a build thread because this thing rips and i thought id share and ask for some pointers for even better performance
me and my 5 year old love this bike, so i figured with the amount of time and money ive invested, i might as well go all in and build it up right.
got it on offerup, original 49cc motor was toast could not get running the day i bought it, snagged the whole thing for $100
the next day spent some time and had a couple beers trying to get the motor going with no luck.
the engine was sitting for 15 min after a lil pb blaster bath i did, so i went inside to make a sandwich and do a little research on the bike. thats when my mind exploded at the predator 212 swap.
drove to harbor freight after that very sandwich and got one.
sadly, i did not take any pictures of the bike until i got to this point. i was excited to build and didnt realize i was gonna build something picture worthy tbh.
a bunch of new parts, some head scratching, many many curse words about the governor removal, a few cases of beer, and here we are:

IMG_2715.jpg

my speedo is trash, i welded a nail to the wheel and it barely works and its going bye bye
installed 12v coils which function, but i didnt have any lights i liked laying around.
i need fenders. bad. its wet here and i find myself riding this silly thing alot, so im on the hunt.
the straight pipe is ridiculously loud. i ordered a $18 header with a thread on briggs and stratton muffler, we'll see if that quiets her down. the stock muffler is too slow.
lots of things id like to get done:
headlight/tail light (on the way)
kill switch
torque converter
suspension fork/riser clamps/minimoto bars
different gas tank (access to lid is no beuno currently)
street tires
air filter
re-jet carb
cutoff foot pegs, replace with straight tubes
powdercoat frame eventually. this red is terrible, whoever did it just painted over everything. i can see the original doodlebug green poking out in some spots and it makes me wish they wouldve just left it neon green haha
id love to get motorcycle hydraulic brakes, but that is just ridiculous. might get some chinese hydraulic minibike brakes but im still deciding.

let me know if you see anything sketchy or just plain wrong, i set this up myself with my own random internet research. it rips, but i feel like it definitely could be better.

8ADF87FC-AFCA-482F-A3A6-D06C9C6907E7.jpeg0B57992C-2D63-41E0-943B-8249CA68A586.jpeg

did some stuff, bike is apart on the table now, suspension fork and new paint coming soon!

Latest posts

Back