My Honda ZB50 clone Pitster Mini Monster 125 with piranha 150 e-start engine and TB V2 head

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustynuts

Reaction score
A long thread title that says it all:cool:
I bought this bike last year completely stock with low miles. I quickly replaced parts and it became an obsession.

It's still a 150cc. The electric start has a hard enough time trying to turn it over:angry-smiley-010:

I had works performance here in california make up a rear shock for me

here she is with the new tb v2 head. notice how the exhaust port angle of the vv2 head caused my pipe to hang low

The Tb V2 head has a handy little compression release button

here's the tb 28mm carb

I zip tied a GPS to the handle bars to check the factory speedo accuracy. turs out the speedo was calibrated for a larger tire

I ordered this nifty banjo bolt/brake pressure switch for my brake light
http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/garageguy707/media/IMG_2426_zps49d394a2.jpg.html

and a rear disc brake kit

and some different wheels, tires and handle bars

i decided that since i had gone this far i should swap out the forks for a set of inverted forks

Then I had to modify the frame a little bit for the addition of rearsets

Then I moved on to mounting up some fancy aluminum parts

After the rear end was done i moved on to making a custom "up" pipe out of a couple cheap pitbike pipes from ebay

At this point in the build I had completely lost my mind and wanted more custom stuff
so i ordered a longer aluminum swinger, alloy spoke wheels, custom floating disc rotors etc etc...

Then I found some cool brembos

I should have some more updated photos this weekend!

I had a great ride saturday! Roughly 50 miles of scenic riding in the hills of Napa (Atlas Peak road, Soda Canyon road, Silverdo Trail, Oak Knoll road, Silverado Country Club). The engine is still suffering from jetting issues under 5000rpm but pulls like hell from 5000rpm to 9000. at the end of the day the starter chain broke in my driveway. I've only got 186 miles on the engine

starter chain1.JPG

Bad luck with the starter chain
Take it to an industrial chain dealer, they should be able to match it up with a good Japanese made chain

I was going to order tsubaki or DID chain and a master link. it uses is a 25H chain which is pretty cheap

Latest posts

Back