Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chops

Reaction score
Thought I would put up build thread of my Sachs Madass, they share a few similarities to mini bikes. I have been reading alot of stuff on here lately, in anticipation of a future engine upgrade.

Here it is the day i picked it up.

448.jpg

449-1.jpg

I pretty much ordered a tune up kit straight away with egr blocking plate, bigger jets and pod filter. And with that i ordered a POC HMF exhaust system made for the stock under seat position. This made a huge difference in performance, but the carby was hard to tune and i had to run it slightly rich to get the most out of it. A Koso tacho was fitted and
I also added some carbon wrap to blank some of the silver( i know not to everyones tastes)

001-70-1.jpg

002-68.jpg

003-54.jpg

004-52.jpg

Last edited:
changed the bars to some nice Biltwell ones.

005-41.jpg

A problem with these bikes is the front end is very soft and the stock rear shock is hard and has you more over the front end.
I bought a VSS shock that was similar in length as the stock shock but rode so much better. Another issue is the stock mirrors can't see past your shoulders so i fitted some bar end mirrors.

001-71.jpg

002-69.jpg

003-55.jpg

006-39.jpg

anticipation of a future engine upgrade... whats your engine choice?
im building my current pitty engine for the road to maybe put on a postie.. i have chosen a lifan 150 purely because i already had one and i can fit a 5speed to it

i recon if you made the pipe as so it does not protrude out the back it would be sexier... like not cut the muffler down but make the pipes shorter a little bit

I ended up going down a different styling route, even though i think the madass design with the exhaust under the seat is a good one. I got a GP style monkey exhaust, which changes the look alot. This thing was very loud, popped and burbled on deceleration. I got warned by the fuzz a few times.
But i reckon it looked good.

SDC11072.jpg

SDC11073.jpg

SDC11074.jpg

Next was probably one of the best mods, i changed shocks again. I bought a fastace shock for a 50cc madass thats short from ooracing and it slammed the rear. Making it so much better on the front end. I sold the VSS shock and POC HMF exhaust.

SDC11176.jpg

Then came something different, i painted the tyres!

SDC11198.jpg

SDC11199.jpg

I then had visions of going solo

SDC11215.jpg

I modified the seat bracket once i got ny christmas present from my girlfriend.

Most people dont use my real name, i'm affectionately known as.......

SDC11220.jpg

SDC11219.jpg

Got some daylight pics, after taking it for a ride. Its comfortable, and i'm happy with how it turned out.

SDC11225.jpg

SDC11224.jpg

SDC11223.jpg

The list kept growing, fork gators, single headlight with cafe style brackets and some white D3 grips.
A keihin PE24 carby, new chain, sprocket and cdi upgrade.

The grips took months to arrive..... stupid online seller.

SDC11364.jpg

SDC11365.jpg

SDC11362.jpg

that conversion was from nerdy it persons bike to pimpstar bike...

im not one for the unnecessary noise though still looks sex though

I ended up getting rid of the monkey gp exhaust after the second talking to by the establishment. I ended up gutting and chopping the stock original muffler and swinging it down the side on the original header pipe.
The bike ran really well with this combination.
Next came my ever ticking brain coming up with this idea.........

SDC11702.jpg

SDC11707.jpg

I clear coated the tank

20130221_163207.jpg

Then i found my old visor from my old bike, which i forgot i had.

20130303_100754.jpg

And in the last week i have mad an exhaust up from a megaphone muffle and chpped header pipe from the GP monkey pipe.

SDC11711.jpg

SDC11713.jpg

I just need to paint the bracket and wrap the header pipe., Its loud but the note is nice, and doesn't backfire.

Thanks guys!
Nah the tank is a dummy, just the outer top shell. Because the madass frame/tank shape and width all the tanks i found and measured up wouldn't fit over the madass unless its super high. And looked crap because
the tanks have a narrow tunnel in them.
Its hinged at the seat and it clips onto a bracket i made and i just tilt it up to fill original tank. All reversable without even knowing it was there.

@cordogs Not really sure what its worth, the most expensive thing i have on it is the seat nearly everything is cheap ebay purchases apart from a few things from ooracing. All the tinkering has been done by me.
Its a 2011 that i bought new for $3000 on road.

@my67xr yeah Pt noarlunga and Maslins.

@ROLLAS13 The tank is clear coated, I want to see what it will look like with a bit of rust showing through.

@Zwebx, I'm still undecided on the engine of choice yet.
I'd like the power of the daytona 190, but for just under $700 which is half the price of the daytona i can get a YX150 electric start bolt in job ready for the madass.
That with some headwork could be a good option?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back