My Motovert Minimotard project

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penumbra

Reaction score
I'm building a minimotard based on a Motovert pro '07

now that things begin to get going I decided to post it here.

I 'll skip all the problems I had to make everything fit and just start with the rolling frame and the engine being mounted.

IMAGE_230.jpg

and now it looks like this :

IMG_2655.jpg

engine looks to have a fair bit off trickery happening

i like

will be good to see the finished product

nice

yeah engine looks like has some stuff done, liking the exhaust
Looks like a pretty decent front brake setup also, spill the beans what is it ?

it's the new takegawa 138cc complete engine with automatic decompression.
the exhaust is handmade by a local exhaust wizzard here in belgium.

The front brake is a radial master brake cilinder of a derbi supermotard (13mm diameter), the brake caliper is a dual piston one from a 125 -250 cc mx bike (tocico)

The other parts are being deliverd bit by bit so I'll keep you guys posted when anything changes

regards
Penumbra

Last edited:
more pics man.. close ups of the motor and brake setup.... just me or does that have a massive rake on the forks?? :s

more pics man.. close ups of the motor and brake setup.... just me or does that have a massive rake on the forks?? :s

well here are some other pictures I have on my computer..

IMAG0199.jpg

and here a closer look at the engine :

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

as for the rake: It has slighter more rake then the BBR frame I compared it with but nothing extreme...

so nice i should of bought a motovert!! but owell it looks nice..

what made u pick the motovert frame over a BBR frame or similar?

I did want an aluminium frame, so that did limit the number of possibilities.
And second I didn't want a perimeter frame so i could easily acces the carb between races / heats,...

and indeed the rake of this bike is a bit more so it's a bit more stable then a bbr ( we ride 10" here in belgium so a bit of extra stability won't hurt :)

also because I haven't see many motovert pro 's like this being build as a minimotard...and I like to be a bit different :D and i do love the form of the frame :)

thats an awsome looking build, I have looked at that frame to maybe when i'm rich and decide to build another tard. looking forward to seeing the finished bike

Saber

and here another update of the progress of my project

today I added a gear shifter, short takegawa intake manifold and Kitaco throttle assy and carburator : a Keihin PWK 28 mm D-slide carburetor ( a real one and not one of those cheap replica's that seam to be sold everywhere these days)

IMG_2661.jpg

and here with K&N airfilter

IMG_2663.jpg

Looks like this now : ( sorry for the bad photo and the mess in my garage :) )

IMG_2665.jpg

I'm still waiting for some parts..when they arrive and installed she 'll be ready..

things to come:

takegawa inner rotor racing ignition, oil cooler, oil thermostat, kickstarter, kill switch, plastics and sponsors sticker kit.

Then I can start to brake her in :) (any suggestions to brake in Takegawa engines? )

Latest posts

Back