My New Little Mini Bike!!!!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSR-125

Reaction score
So.. just the other day i bought a Baja 96cc mini bike. Picked it up for $100 Rust free! :)
Installed a 212cc Predator Replica engine in it and it goes good! Hits around 50 and is a single gear! Pops wheelies with less than 1/2 throttle. Here's some pics! Let me know what you think! Go Cart build is next but still got my pitbike! ;)

70CC5AE3-2291-4084-9F0F-FFF3960FC797-3013-000001E6ED8E4C73.jpg

3C666A9E-AA43-4925-8D86-0FF5241613EC-2982-000001E5EE49C9D3.jpg

3D400F7A-C07F-4F2B-A421-E6A2B066AA7E-738-0000003316A4F944.jpg

75062E5D-00C6-4EA1-A78C-E4D80B94E90B-738-000000331F17C775.jpg

I actually haven't taken a video but will do tomorrow! and yeah the engine is a 212cc engine bought it on sale at a local store brand new for $100

that things mean as ! cant wait to see a vid of it running

looks good for $100, china built?

i used to have one a bit like it 36 years ago, and another called a Deltek.
one had a Briggs and Stratton 3.5HP in it, the other had a JAP 160.
both did about 50kmph, good for chasing the cows around the paddocks too
these bikes are making a comeback now, i've heard of the Delteks etc pulling $500 + on ebay...

def get some vid footage mate, looks like a handful.

would make a filthy burnout rig also, hint hint. :boink:

Hahah you buys got my mind thinking just a bit. My friend has one and has a wheelie bar on the back, a straight pipe, a cam, and slick.. its a drift Queen. Yesterday I raced my friends klx 110.. all he has is an exhaust and I beat him of the line really bad... then he got top end in me obviously.. but the weather has been **** I will be sure to get a video up there asap

Since this thread is about old style minibikes and I haven't posted much in a while ...

For anyone interested , I found some info on old style bikes like SSR-125's who I assume is in America ...

Deckson, Deltek and Grand-Prix Mini Bikes

I used to own a Deckson Daredevil (suspension up front and on the seat) with a Victa 125 zip start 2 stroke motor in it ... my mate bought one without the suspended seat and with a Victa 160 in it thinkin' it'd be faster than mine ... but it actually went slower in top speed due to breathing thru the same sized Amal carb and cylinder ports and having the same final drive ratio ... It didn't rev quite as high ...

Another mate had a totally unsuspended Deckson Demon that had a Kirby-Tecumseh 125 4 stroke engine and it was bouncy over bumps but super reliable ...

Another friend had a Deltek Rockhopper with a 147 Kirby 2 stroke motor in it ...

My brother owned a Deckson Hunter with a 172 cc Tecumseh 4 stroke engine in it ... Hunters were a lot like a pitbike with 10/10 wheels and normal type front and rear suspension (twin shock rear) ... They all suffered from a range of problems over time ... Chains broke , centrifugal clutches didn't last long (the brass bushes wore and made a weird noise then tried to sieze and drive the bike , brake shoe-like clutch pads didn't last very long and clutch springs broke) , the frames cracked etc ... but the actual engines were super reliable ... Except the Victa Zip starts which broke cords , wore the alloy cups out etc ...

The Deckson Hunter had what was described as an "Infinitely Variable" belt drive torque converter ... It looked like a jack-shaft and the clutch was a strange V pulley contraption made up of 2 cones that had weights and springs inside ... At idle the cones pulled apart and when the revs started to increase , the front V pulley would close up , grab the belt to drive the bike and as the bike went faster , it clamped together harder gradually pushing the belt out towards the outer diameter of the pulley to increase the gearing ratio ... The rear pulley opened out to decrease it's diameter ... It was like a smooth transtioning auto transmission and was considered to be "high tech" by us at the time :D ... Deckson hunters could climb steep hills easily and the bike would jump into a wheelstand when the front pully grabbed the belt ... Tightening the springs up turned the auto clutch into a Hi-Stall converter ...

I just found these pics : http://macbobaust.com/hunter3.html

There was another minibike called a TAS and it had a single speed , manual clutched 2 stroke motorcycle type motor in it ... The wheels were a lot smaller in diameter too ... Then Geminis came on the scene and were a 2 stroke motorcycle but they had bad trannies ...

Latest posts

Back