Need help, buying first bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys title pretty much says it all ive got around a $1400 budget, i will be explaining what i plan to do with the bike and where i will ride it. would like some professional or personal opinions on each of the bikes im considering to buy with my own money.
i'll be riding around small bmx tracks maybe later some small jumps, nothing big, being my first bike i would love it to last i will take care of it like it is my child i will clean it every day to make it brand new and will be looking at the few odd repairs that will always happen to occur, I wont be doing stupid stuff with it! i wouldn't mind riding the 125 MotovertPro as long as it is more reliable than the other 2 bikes for what i am planning to do with it.

MotovertPro 125cc 2012 model $1399 - Motovert Pro 125cc 2012 | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store

PitPro 150cc $1350 http://www.pitpro.com.au/pitbikes/pitpro-150cc-256/

DHZ DPRO 160cc $1250 DHZ DPRO 160

please, PLEASE keep in mind what i tend to use it for :D i dont want to do 30ft+ jumps :p thanks in advance!! also, im around 80-90kgs 6'1-6'2 :) oh and also!! how fast will i get on a straight with my weight and what not! lol sorry for all the questions guys ><

Last edited:
Hey guys title pretty much says it all ive got around a $1400 budget, i will be explaining what i plan to do with the bike and where i will ride it. would like some professional or personal opinions on each of the bikes im considering to buy with my own money.
I'll be riding around parks, footpaths, road and hardened dirt etc and maybe later some small jumps, nothing big, being my first bike i would love it to last i will take care of it like it is my child i will clean it every day to make it brand new and will be looking at the few odd repairs that will always happen to occur, I wont be doing stupid stuff with it! i wouldn't mind riding the 125 MotovertPro as long as it is more reliable than the other 2 bikes for what i am planning to do with it.

MotovertPro 125cc 2012 model $1399 - Motovert Pro 125cc 2012 | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store

PitPro 150cc $1350 Motovert Pro 125cc 2012 | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store

DHZ DPRO 160cc $1250 DHZ DPRO 160

please, PLEASE keep in mind what i tend to use it for :D i dont want to do 30ft+ jumps :p thanks in advance!! also, im around 80-90kgs 6'1-6'2 :)

there has been a thread very recently about illegal riding and i dont want you to suffer the same fate as old mate did... so keep it legal aye... and the bikes.. i found the the 125 was lacking in power after i couple rides and im teaching my missus who has never ridden before how to ride on a 150 and with the standard carb is good cause has she grows more confidant she has the power there when she is read.. so the DHZ IMO

thanks tim however wouldnt the 160 be less quallity because of the amount of $$ they're asking for it compared to a more expensive lower cc bike? idm going a little bit slower but have the bike last longer, the bike will remain completely stock untill something breaks

there is a saying mate.. "a bike is only what you make of it".. dhz make a quality bikes and if you look after it she wont break easy... just follow the bike set up tips on the forum mate and you will be alright..

Yeah probably going to get the motovert for reliability reasons oh and Dynamicgs, not sure if this is frowned down upon however do you remember the decals you did for Killpatrickyum with the blue skulls & roses and what not, what are the chances of getting them done for my 125 motovert pro 012' model's black&red plastics in a month and a bit? haha good job on them, looks sick >< red roses instead of blue maybe, :p cheers guys been a massive help for someone trying to get on the mini scene big thumbs up

All i can say is dhz dont lack in quality.. Great bikes, and customer service. If anything happens the guys over there will be more than happy to help you out. Go for it and then use the spare change to get some fancy bits of you liking!

Latest posts

Back