need help tuning Z50R with lifan 110cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
hi guys, i'm reaching out to any good soul who knows there stuff to try and tune my Z50.

its running a lifan 110cc clutchless with mikuni carb and custom exhaust (original muffler with larger header pipe)

i'n in the northern suburbs of melbourne and i can bring the bike to you or you can come to me, i am happy to part with a tasty bottle of bourbon or something for anyone who is willing.

also i should mention that i have done the valve clearances, its boggy when you take off and thats what i'm trying to fix.

thanks in advance
Pete

hi guys, i'm reaching out to any good soul who knows there stuff to try and tune my Z50.

its running a lifan 110cc clutchless with mikuni carb and custom exhaust (original muffler with larger header pipe)

i'n in the northern suburbs of melbourne and i can bring the bike to you or you can come to me, i am happy to part with a tasty bottle of bourbon or something for anyone who is willing.

also i should mention that i have done the valve clearances, its boggy when you take off and thats what i'm trying to fix.

thanks in advance
Pete

Sounds like you need to change the jetting on your carb. Personally, I would rip it off and go an OKO. 24mm should be enough for the 110.

Maybe hit DvdRip up, he does back yard work.

If it is bogging when taking off, put a smaller main jet in it. :beerchug: I'm not a bourbon fan though, but feel free to send vodka.. lol

hmmm I'm guessing it's a mikuni 22mm (aka 26mm) with the lever choke (not a butterfly setup)
they can be a bitch to tune off idle thanks to the mixture screw being hidden underneath... I use a manifold spinner to get the carby facing out to the left of the bike when tuning so u can access the mixture screw....

I'm in werrbiee and I'll give it a look for ya.... mmmm bourbon :D sounds good haha

ok sounds good, you planning on being anywhere around tullamarine this week or want me to bring it down on the weekend?

im located in craigieburn and will be doing od jobs for people depending on what thye want and wat they have to offer

nah won't be heading up that way anytime soon... it's only 40mins drive.... you can bring it round any time you like....
do you know what jets you're running in it?

no idea, used to run ok before i opened up the exhaust, still had the same problem but not as bad, do i need to get any parts before i bring it down?

not really....

If the tuning problem is serious you'll need jets but just wait n see cuz I got a bunch of carbys and jets based around 125 engines so I'm sure the 110 will be similar in the jetting

basically if you have the carby, throttle and airfilter that you wanna run on the completed bike then that's all I need to work with

ok wicked, i can either come down friday arvo, be there about 3 or later, or anytime over the weekend.

let me know what suits you.

Pete

Latest posts

Back