Need Help With Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Yer check that thread mate, a few of us have modified em to fit all sorts of frames and as stated, biggest problem you'll have is simply the headstem length!

Wow looks like abit of work to get the forks on. I don't have many tools (Virtually non existent)
I could modify the nut. I really want these forks on my bike. But i don't think i can do all this.

1.Do you think Atomik could install them for me? (Even i doubt it because of the brake issues later, they might tell me to buy their Comp 172cc lol)

2. dynamicgs where did you get your plastics and graphics from?

3. That back shock should fit straight on yer?

4. Will the forks fit into the stock triple clamps?

Maybe i should do this? It looks like he kept his stock triple clamps. I could probly get my bike down to CINIWORKS

http://www.miniriders.com/china-builds/33771-rizzos-nitrous-yx-150-custom-build.html

Thanks alot guys :)

Both your bikes look freaking Amazing!!!

Last edited:
Hey.. OK, so its not complicated at all really, and you dont need tools...

Just take the top nut to a shop with a metal lathe, so any metal fabrication shop should have one.. and ask them to take the lip off the nut to make it thinner... Cost me $10

The brakes bolt straight up, and are a major upgrade compared to atomik standard brakes.
I bought these ones... GPX Moto Front Brake System,Fits GPX Suspension Outlaw160R - GPX - Buy Online Australia at DHZ

and thats it..

If your bike is CRF70 shape, you can not simply put the fork legs in your standard triple clamps..
DOnt know about CRF50 though... I know you can do this on CRF50 with the GPX forks..

I would consider going with the GPX black labels from DHZ... they are just as good, and come with the entire front brake setup too...

PS. Plastics came on the bike, and the graphics I did myself.. will be available to buy one day when I can find the time to build myself a website!

Nope they (the DNM forks) won't fit on the standard CRF50 frame either... But the rear shock will bolt straight on.

Cool. I work for a metal company. We should have the equipment needed to modify the nut.

Once i bolt the brakes on will they be fine? (Brake pad clearance)

Do i need new spacers for the front tire?

Yep you will need to get one of the original spacers shortened, if you don't the fork legs will "catch" when re-bounding. Using calipers get a measurement of the distance between the new fork leg ends, then measure the width of your wheel hub + the 2 spacers, then remove the difference from the right side spacer (if your sitting on the bike). Yes original rotors will fit, although you will find you can go up to 210mm (original is 190mm) without any issues. hope that helps :)

Yes thats them mate, chat to one of the sales reps. But be very specific about fork length and make sure you get the right part number, FF012 is for the DNM's off memory :D

I think if you let DHZ know what bike you got, they should send you the correct forks to fit the frame/bike.

Honestly, after all the stuffing around with buying the DNM's from china, youd be better off just getting the full kit from DHZ... get it in a few days too, instead of a month... they have to make those DNM;s to order so take a while...

Just my opinion... form someone who has done it....

Awesome!
I think i will get the Black Labels. If they can give me a pair that fit strait up that would be good.

I'm feeling pretty happy. I called today. And i told The sales person my situation. He told me that The GPX Black labels are better than the DNMs and that's why they are used on the Pister pro and Motovert bikes. He said they will fit on my Atomik nitrous CRF50 model With no problems. Free postage for me, Or if i get him to install everything ill have to pay $80.

Last edited:
sweet... sounds like a good deal... Dunno about them being better though... ha ha.. Id say they are the same... Id even go as far as to say theyre probably made by the same ching chong factory...

So my nitrous will look similar to this :)

ATOMIKNITROUSBLACKLABEL10.jpg

Hey guys.

I have noticed that my YX 160 is extremely easy to kick over. Is that normal? (weird to me)

I have had YX160 engines before. and they had bad kick back. My YX150 has really bad kick back.

Also when me and my brother went riding the other day we swapped, i jumped on the 150 and he jumped on the 160. Both stock nitrous bikes for now.

Is it normal that the 150 takes off much quicker? Seems like the 160 is a bit laggy. (might need a tune?)

And is this back shock good?

http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/pitsterpro-x4r-dnm-racing-shock-290mm/SUS-22

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back