Need help with motovert 125cc engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad man

Reaction score
Hi. Geez. hahah.

Ok so, im having troubles with my bike, it will fire but i can't get it to run.
Last night i had it running for about 15 seconds but would just die. Now it only fires.

What i've done

Cleaned the carby
Replace fuel line
Replace fuel
Fit new spark plug, it had a ngk c7hsa, we only had a c6hsa so put that in.

Should i set the valve clearances, anyone no what they are?
The intake manafold gasket and the gasket where the carby bolts on are busted, would that be letting air in? it looks to be sealing tho.

any sugestions. Thanks..

Looks to be sealing does not mean it is sealed. If the gasket is torn it will let air in which does affect the running of the bike. Replace the gasket or try using gasket glue and see if that helps

if it fires valve clearance wont be an issue i dont think
i'd say air
if it's not that i have a feeling that you might not be getting enough fuel to the carby so bent float maybe needle stuck closed

also check ya electrics especially coil my 110 a while back would run for about a minute then die it took me ages to find out my coil was loose and not earthing properly

see how ya go

Last edited:
if it fires valve clearance wont be an issue i dont think
i'd say air
if it's not that i have a feeling that you might not be getting enough fuel to the carby so bent float maybe needle stuck closed

also check ya electrics especially coil my 110 a while back would run for about a minute then die it took me ages to find out my coil was loose and not earthing properly

see how ya go

Yeah, how do i tell if the float is bent? Does anyone no the standard carby settings?

Going to check the coil now.

..................................::::::::::::::::::::::::::VALVES::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.......................
ill put money on it
if the intake manifold gasket was torn it wouldnt make ur bike react the way it is, it just wouldnt idle and would cough and splutter

shit sake, i had to valve inspection caps off, and the rocker cover off, was about to do valve clearances, i put my finger over the spark plug hole, and it didn't have compression, i felt air coming out the side of the cylinder where the cylinder head gasket is, look down and there is lots of oil coming out, push it over faster, bubles coming out of the side of the cylinder head, alot of air............ shit sake

new gasket set and do the valves while your at it drop new oil in it and you should be sweet mad man

set the valves at inlet .003 and exhaust .005

Yeah man, motovert said set the intake to 2000th and exhaust to 3000th (0.02 and 0.03, so not too sure what way to go, i was told exhaust 0.04-0.05 and intake 0.03. I guess it doesnt really mattter wich way

hey guys i need help . i have a konker kpx 125cc and i want rebuild the top end. i need to know what size are the piston and the axe size? its a 2008. if someone had rebuild one. i dont seen de serial number of the engin :S please help me!!

Latest posts

Back