need some advice!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marty125

Reaction score
hey guys i have been looking at some new bikes as i want to buy a newie! i live in sa so i've been looking on the east 50's and s.a.f.b websites, i narrowed it down to a few bikes from s.a.f.b i was looking at the DMX 150cc retail $1490 if they have any left and from east 50's i was looking at the pitpro 140cc bigfoot (retail $1299) cos i'm reasonably tall and from previous experience i think the larger wheels would suit me. i was also considering the pitpro 150 (retail $1350) cos it seems like good value for money. i'm 6'3" by the way. any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

I too am in SA and I'm looking at getting the Pitpro 150XR. Its 1500, the same as ebay and readily available. It has better parts than the standard 150 and I believe it sits a little higher.

Anyway that is the bike I have chosen but I have done A LOT of research and havn't found many faults with the Pitpro, so personally I would go with them (like I am :D)
Remember, your after a minibike and larger wheels, IMO, will change that. Small wheels make for a different riding experience and performance.

The main benifit with the XR is they have better suspension and better tyres. Two very important things. Also it does sit higher which will benefit long legs. You can usually check out both bikes on Ebay to compare the specs.

How bout these

i have come across a couple of expensive bikes that look alright, 1 the FMR PRO COMP and 2 PUZEY PRO XTR 125. Each are 3 Grand PLUS

Last edited:
yeah that sounds like the goods, what better parts does the xr have? i'd rather pay the little bit extra now rather than be forever repairing things.

well i wouldn't buy a pitpro

cause if you can ride you will be replaceing suspension straight away
and bars and a few other bits and peices

if you in sa and wanna spend that sort of coin on a puzzy or fmr

get brian at east 50's to set ya up with a pitster pro you'll be set for sure
and definantly worth looking at a bike on par with pitster pro every extra cent pays for itself when ya blasting past ya mate and his pitpro on the side of the road broken down

good luck and enjoy the pitbike they're heaps of fun

yeah that sounds like the goods, what better parts does the xr have? i'd rather pay the little bit extra now rather than be forever repairing things.

the XR just has better supension and tires plus a few small things like levers, that doesn't mean you won't need to fix it as much as any other bike.
I have a 140XR and my lil bro has a 125RR, I've been fixing my bike after pretty much every ride since I got it, the only problem my lil bro's bike has had is it had no exhaust gasket. so the XR model is no stronger than the cheaper bikes it just has a few upgrades.

i was planning on upgrading the small stuff like bars and so forth already so minor stuff like that is no issue, also i'm not new to pitbikes having owned a couple of cheap china's... but the pitpro seem to have a good rep in my price range of under $1700. the input is appreciated guys! :)

so ya got a budget of 1700.00

the pitpro will cost ya 1500.00 + bars say 150 depending on weather you go midsize bike or big wheel mini, looking at say 300 for decent dnm rear suspension probably have to do fork oil so 20 bux there
crap levers maybe few other things
so ya budget just went up to 2 grand before you even bought the bike

so for the price of the pitster you will get the dnm shock already the front suspension is much better the frame is much better the bars are suffice and ya wont be fixing the thing every week like ya will the pitpro
hell all i do on my bike is oils and air filter every week easy i reckon

Hey mate im in S.A too, best place to go for a bike, parts, accesories, advice! is definatley East 50's with brian great guy, he turned down a sale to tell me i wouldnt really need marzochi forks for my pitsterx4 i suggest going down there mate.

Welcome to East 50s

give em a call aswell ask em some questions..hes really helpful

Latest posts

Back