Need some bits / advice for my JZ

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ_Smokey

Reaction score
Hi all, lurked a bit since MG went down, but only just joined - 'cos I NEED SOMETHING!

Anyways, I've been having some electrical issues on the JZ. It's still a 6v setup, but the wiring harness I bought last year when we fixed it up had a 12v regulator (rectifier?) as well as 12v flasher unit. I just put in 6v bulbs everywhere and the way we wired it actually worked, although the blinkers only flashed from about 1/3 throttle on up...

But now we've just blown a bunch of globes, and am getting 16v in places. So, I either need to switch over to a 12v stator assembly, or get my hands on a 6v regulator and flasher ujit and re-check our wiring setup!

So anybody got advice on a switching over to a 12v setup (Cost / is it worthwhile), or anybody got some 6v bits they can spare (for a reasonable cost)?

Also, the forks on the daughter's '83 ZfiddyR are way wobbly. I recall from MG somebody used to sell a fork kit fix for these to stop the lower stanchions waving about inside the upper case. Any idea who or where these might be?

Sorry for the barrage of 'I want' - hope you can help!

Smokey

yep. but if you buy aftermarket ones they are usually black and much more solid. there are different types however depending on weather you have aftermarket or stock fork legs.

Latest posts

Back