need some help finding a bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feddy

Reaction score
hey guys im a total noob at this. I dont know much about bikes and stuff but my lil bro really wants one and has been bugging me to get him one since last year so for his bday i said alright. What would be the best chinese bike to get him. I was looking at some PitPros. Perhaps the 125 Type R. Are these any good? Whats the difference between the Type R and XR and stuff like that.

Were looking at spending about 1k. He is only 11 years old but he knows how to ride fairly well and believe me he is a fast learner and a risk taker so something that wont break so easily. Thanks

wish i had a brother that would buy me things for my birthday...

nah, i grew up with the type of family where it was "get a horse. and buy it yourself"

as to what bike to get the spoilt brat, um.... im just posting a reply for the sake of it:eek: and having a whinge:p

he breaks his neck though, its on your head!!!!! be tough! tell him to save his pocket money...(whats pocket money exactly? another of those childhood mysteries:p)

Type R and XR just means the bike is better quality,

there's the pitpro 125rr which is the very basic model, then the type-r has much better features like suspension, tires levers etc.

or there's the 140 which is the 140 equivalent to the 125rr, then there's the 140xr with much better tires, suspension etc.

Thanks dvdrip. Are MSO any good or are they quite expensive. Also where can i buy these bikes in sydney. Any one have a clue. Thanks

Thanks dvdrip. Are MSO any good or are they quite expensive. Also where can i buy these bikes in sydney. Any one have a clue. Thanks

you hit the nail on the head MSO way to go ,stay off ebay and help support the ppl who support the industry ,IMO all bikes are the same ,just when you spending more money your getting better parts and better built ,you may pay a lil more for a mso or any of our sponsors bikes ,but in the end you will save money ,and lots of it ,better built better backed and better sevice

every thing is better MSO WAY TO GO

lol snitchy I told my dad about the MSO because hes helping me buy the bike but he said he wants to stick to Pit Pro. We were gonna order directly from the store in melbourne because there is none in sydney not off ebay cause we dont buy off ebay. He thinks the MSO bikes are too expensive for my little brother. But ill see if i can convince him. Thanks

hey fair enough ,just MY opinion ,and some times that sux lol

best of luck and dont forget to update us all on what you purchased,some pics or a vid always makes for good viewin

Hi mate I have a 125rr and although being a great bike now, I had to spend money on upgrades such as suspension. By the time you buy the bike and spend money on shock, tyres and some other small things the MSO isnt much dearer and you have a faster and better built bike. I really wish I got the Mso cause what I've spent on my pitpro would be around the same price considering that MSO doesnt mind giving a discount to miniriders members from what I've read. Why dont you contact them and see what you can find out you've got nothin to lose.

yea I've spent a shitload of $$ getting my pitpro up to scratch, I wish I had bought a MSO now.
I still think pitpro's are good bikes, but for a little more $$ you can get much better.
I'm glad you're not looking at atomiks lol, that seems to be where most people start

i wish i had a brother.

yeah go MSO but if you can't pitpro is they way to go. stay away from atomik or what ever its called

Thanks heaps guys i called MSO and yeh they said they would do a deal for me cause im a mini riders member. I also explained everything to my dad which is good because he said well look at the MSO.

whats the deal like i havn't see anyone post about it and im to busy to ring anyone.

Good luck with the bike post some pics when you get it.

Yep man get a MSO i wish i new about this website and all those other bikes before i got my atomik.. i have spent nearly a grand on it to make it keep on running..And i always have modify things on the bike to make it run good, i bought the last thing im going to spend on my bike which is Piston, Piston Rings etc to rebuild my top end.. its blowing smoke and its not the valve clearance....im now saving for a Yamaha 250f which will last me forever!

But definitely get a MSO they MAD Bikes, your brother will love ya! ;)

DHZ is in villawood,woodville road, and theres another guy in castle hill, hoyle ave, and i havent tracked the guy down in parramatta yet, but theres one there somewhere...

where in sydney?

Its not really a deal though the lady tole me she only has about 3 bikes left and once theyre sold theyre going out of business :(. She told me the aussie dollar is too high to keep importing the bikes. When the aussie dollar drops they will start getting more in.

Ill definately be posting up some pics of the bike.

Im in liverpool headsmess so to travel to gosford is far but its well worth it for an MSO. Are DHZ bikes any good. If i cant get to an MSO would you recommend one of these or a PitPro because I dont wanna buy an atomik or Orion. My mate had one and it went on fire as he was riding it lol.

Last edited:
I dont wanna buy an atomik or Orion.

wise choice ;)

PitPro's are good bikes but need lots of maintenance and upgrades, if you get one make sure it's a type-r or xr so you get the suspension an tires (plus other HDbits)
I dunno about DHZ bikes they look better than atomik/orion but they look a bit overpriced

oh yea that sucks about MSO

Last edited:
Yeh I will but for the cost of shipping and buying the bike and freight insurance and all the shit ill probably need to buy fixing the bike im better off just buying an MSO. I mean my bro isnt gonna be going off hardcore jumps or anything its just something he can use to smash around the padock and have fun on. Maybe once in a while go down to Macarthur DMCC race track near apin but thats about it.

We want the bike to last atleast 2 years. We will obviously maintain it but hopefully MSO don't go out of business for too long.

ive been to the DHZ shop and there really nice bikes, but there sort of over priced.. i bought my Lifan 125cc which was actually a not bad price for it. But the bikes are a bit over priced. And the place at castlehill is really good. I get all my parts from there and the guy who owns it is a really good and helpfull. here his website. MotoX Spares (Recreational Imports P/L) :: OnLine Store

Latest posts

Back