NEED TURBO FOR 250cc PITTY

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad_aussie

Reaction score
Need info were do i get a turbo for my pit bke and wat type of turbo:confused:

simple...dont:p

waste of time, specially on a bike...

if you really want to, try and find a tdo2 from mitsubishi, or go look at monkeyrun.co.uk

better to track down an amr300 supercharger.

but still, waste of time, cheaper to go to a wrecker and get a road bike 250:) that will do 16000 rpm...

You could definitely get a turbo to work ... but where most knuckleheads go wrong is that they don't understand that you have to back the ignition advance OFF as the boost comes on ... ie retard it compared to that of a non turbo'd engine ...

As cylinder pressure rises rapidly , the charge burns quicker so the engine starts to fight itself ... robbing any possible power gains ... Retarding the ignition gets the push on the piston back to just after TDC where it gets fully utilised to work in your favour instead of it trying to push the piston backwards against the upward stroke ...

2 stroke ignitions have an advance curve that would suit a turbo'd 4 stroke since the expansion chamber supercharges the cylinder in much the same way that a turbo charger does ... A stock or race 4 stroke ignition will destroy the turbo'd 4 stroke engine in short order ... or at least minimise any power gains ...

For anyone confused ... diesel engines rely totally on super high compression and timed direct cylinder fuel injection to time when their cylinders fire ... there is no electrical ignition or spark plug used at all except a glow plug for starting up a cold engine ... the glow plug is switched off as soon as the engine starts ...

yeah...it will work but I would go with rocketfuel and muffler bearings....much cheaper!!

For anyone confused ... diesel engines rely totally on super high compression and timed direct cylinder fuel injection to time when their cylinders fire ... there is no electrical ignition or spark plug used at all except a glow plug for starting up a cold engine ... the glow plug is switched off as soon as the engine starts ...

and a diesel two stroke makes so much noise cause it has stinking great big turbos/superchargers(or both...sherman tank or what my mates dad put in his bus... not sure if its a 2 or 4 stroke though- detroit diesel.) to clear the cylinder of exhaust gas at bdc...

except them damn model airplane diesels... they work just like a regular nitro 2 stroke without a glowplug but with variable compression...oh i love the smell of burning ether and kerosene...

and the glowplugs work slightly differently in a model engine to a diesel engine...can we all say catalyctics, children?:p methanol+ hot platinum+ compression = boom:)

weeee, off topic!!!!!!!!!

hijacked...right...off to watch the saudis drifting for me...

oh yeah:) they sound damn sweet. with mufflers like bloody 44 gallon drums...

what my mates dad used was out of a sherman tank... it had twin turbos and a supercharger.

and bitches to start i agree. i aint postin a link, but "big bud" on youtube...i wish they did start the damn thing though...

but i do believe the blowers are more for cylinder clearing than compresssion raising...maybe ive read wrong... lets compromise and say its both? :)

see what i mean? i wanna see it drivin, not turnin over... but man they got big fields of corn in america, and that needs,,,well, bigbud:p

^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL:p

thats the last word on this thread i hope

oh... smog pumps are also useable as superchargers.... they come from some EFI cars...wreckers, 30 bucks, sweet:)

Latest posts

Back