Nervous Buyer

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastor_bob

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Cobra JR for my grandson. One of his friends told me that this was a good place for getting help or answering concerns. I made the purchase a few weeks ago, and the gentleman I bought it from said that he would recommend (sorry if I use the wrong verbage) replacing the stack of springs and the clutch milk. I was hoping for 2 things. Most importantly should I be concerned that it needs new parts already and secondly where do I get the parts with some technical assistance?

Thanks and I hope your patient,

Pastor Bob

I recently purchased a Cobra JR for my grandson. One of his friends told me that this was a good place for getting help or answering concerns. I made the purchase a few weeks ago, and the gentleman I bought it from said that he would recommend (sorry if I use the wrong verbage) replacing the stack of springs and the clutch milk. I was hoping for 2 things. Most importantly should I be concerned that it needs new parts already and secondly where do I get the parts with some technical assistance?

Thanks and I hope your patient,

Pastor Bob

oh man, clutch milks pretty hard to find..

Cool welcome pastor, okay, i don't think you should be to worried for now, i take it the milk is oil were talking about and the cobra has a 3 shoe centrifigul clutch and your talking about the clutch springs being replaced also, was the clutch engaging at to high in the rev range maybe and was a little to violent for the young fella or is the clutch damaged and not grabbing when the revs pick up(slipping clutch) if that's all or either don't be to alarmed for now as you will gt a dodgy part every now and then. if its brand new it should be warranty.

Last edited:
Well, I'm getting closer. I think I've been researching on the internet then Wes has been riding his new toy. And that is saying something. This is a response I received from another forum. If I'm not supposed to copy from other forums please forgive me and just let me know.

You don't know if the pressure required to compress the stack is the same for all three sets of washers unless you have the tester they have at the factory. As far as I know Cobra is the only place that tests each stack for compression to get the three stacks perfectly matched so that each shoe engages the basket at the same time and with the same amount of force. All others simply measure the total height of each stack with a caliper and assume they are hitting at the same time if all three of the heights are the same.

ON IT'S WAY

Wes's dad chipped in half and we ordered the clutch setup tool last week. It should be here tomorrow. I'm hoping it's everything I'm expecting.

I felt an obligation to all of you that have been so helpful. I received the clutch setup tool. Being as consistent as I could they each came very close to .554. Or as close as these old eyes could read. I used the tool on the first stack dry and never got the same pressure. It ranged anywhere from 150 to 167. The second stack read 197. The third stack I emery clothed the washers and WD-40'd them and they read a consistent 167 every time. I then repeated the process on the other two stacks so that I had 3 washer stacks with a consistent 167 reading on each shoe. I know this was my own little obsession but with your help and a lot of internet searching I think I've found a tool that could help a lot of people. So I will ask you gentleman a couple of things. 1) Are there any others that have had to same desire for these results as I did? 2) How would I let them know with out being a money changer in the temple. If you understand that reference.

Again

Thanks All!

Latest posts

Back