• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New 2015 DHZ 160cc, LXR Spec

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pitsterpro LXR is $500 dearer in the 160cc or 190cc models

Yeah I knew the ho had the same stroke as the z, and that they gave a few ccs away to the yxs. Im thinking of selling my bike with a stock 160 in it to get either the 190 version or the roller and drop my tb engine into it...

From what the guy told me the new dhz SHARTS on the pitsterpro. The centre of gravity and handling is better in the dhz. Adjustable front and rear suspention. Similar frame but lower seat and plastics for a better ride quality.. little things like the braaap style triples and all matching bolt sizes for easy maintenance...
Sounds like the best value on the market to me...
Kind of keen to buy one myself.

From what the guy told me the new dhz SHARTS on the pitsterpro. The centre of gravity and handling is better in the dhz. Adjustable front and rear suspention. Similar frame but lower seat and plastics for a better ride quality.. little things like the braaap style triples and all matching bolt sizes for easy maintenance...
Sounds like the best value on the market to me...
Kind of keen to buy one myself.

Id still keep my LXR because I love it. And i doubt that very much. People will say anything to sell something.

So looks like we need to get ahold of the two, and do side by side comparison, anybody will say anything to sell a bike,
Leo, have you ridden an lxr?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havnt ridden either and yeah he is a salesman sooo at least je's doing his job. Dont stress too much pitsterpro owners. Just saying with a $500 price difference its slightly more affordable to contain all the same bits.

They are most definitely salesmen and I don't believe a word of it until I see the bike in the flesh.....

How do a lower seat and plastics make for better handling? LOL

The shock and forks are miles behind the top of the line LXR. Pretty sure they are $500 dearer as you get the anima with LXR standard.

The 160 lxr is $500 dearer.
And if the dhz 190 is going to be around $2800 then the 190 lxr for $3300 is therefore $500 more as well.
Has the same gpx forks with plusher valving, the same dnm rear shock, the frame is basically the same, and yes just has different seat and plastics. How does different seat and plastics not make for better value? All comes down to comfort and no I havnt ridden either..
I guess time will tell. Some will love them some will hate them,
Theyre definately going to sell!

The carby on the dhz is poo compared to the LXR but the fuel tank is larger (longer rides between filling up)

Gpx with plusher valving aye. And have you set up a set of gpx black labels so they work well. Obviously there no Marzzochis but they are still awesome. I ain't stressing at all cause I know the Lxr is still heaps better. I'd rather pay the extra 500 and get the lxr the has the name behind it and heaps of people vouching for it.

Yeah, and i reckon there'd be some teething issues with the DHZ bikes too, being so new and untested.

Yeah, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of Dhz bikes. I have heard of the frames on the outlaws cracking in the cradle.

That being said I have snapped the peg brackets off on my lxr. 65ft jump to flat does that :(

A 20 meter jump, You must of been gutsy as hell and holding it pinned to accomplish that.
Whats the worst that can come of a new bike on the market.. never know, might spice things up a bit

Hahaha yea man. I live for big jumps. I ride on the main tracks at MX joints. Hate the pit bike tracks except for Frankston their 85 track is awesome.

3rd gear half wide you'll make it. ;)

Nice bike, looks the goods. Anyone else tossing up between the dhz 190LR and the 190LXR?

From what I've gathered chatting to dhz, the frames are slightly different but with the same dimensions. Was also told the new frames have been extensively tested on a track over in china.

Pretty much all spare parts are interchangeable between the two, linkage kit, oil coolers, engine/foot peg mounts etc.

Main differences I've noticed are the rear brake master cylinder position and the sub frames. The LR has a sub frame that accommodates the crf110 plastics while the new LXR will have the same plastics as the 2014 model and not the crf110 plastics like the US version.

The new LXR's won't be in stock for awhile yet and for around the same price as the stock LXR I can pick up the dhz LR now with marzocchi shivers.

Decisions decisions.

Last edited:
free-marzocchi.jpg

Latest posts

Back