New Chinese 450cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ok man.....im just glad the main part of my frame is all good just dodgy on the chain guide mount, but still it just not good enough, honda should know better lol

I dont know where you are getting your specs from coz the KTM450 and 530 are the same weight and they are lighter than the CRF.

Is there much about the MCF in the ADB mag?

They were the figures I got when i was looking. I think we are talking about stuff all difference in weight anyway.

Yeah there is a good write up. Only briefly glanced over it last night. Worth the purchase. Apparently you can sign up for a year subscription for $36 and get a free pump worth $30 at the moment too. Bargain.

Should come over Queens Birthday weekend to Tassie with me Thump for a ride with Roost. Test the new girl out!!

Added you last night too Roost.

yeah its about 4-5 kgs difference.

That subscription sounds like a bargain, I will have to go and check it out. Is it in the May issue?

Tassie ey, that could be good although queens b'day weekend I usually go upto the slopes for the opening of the snow season so I will have to wait and see.

yeah its about 4-5 kgs difference.

That subscription sounds like a bargain, I will have to go and check it out. Is it in the May issue?

Tassie ey, that could be good although queens b'day weekend I usually go upto the slopes for the opening of the snow season so I will have to wait and see.

Not sure. Workmate told me about it. Should be available in that issue though.

Still trying to suss out a few mates and get a crew together. Will let you know more details when the time comes.

yer i got the current adb and its in there they said they were suprised but still not good enough for the price

Greatest news I have seen in a long time, we need these bikes to be good so the Jap's can stop ripping into us! seriously a lot of the Jap bikes are not made in Japan we are paying for there racing budgets etc. I guess it's catch 22, we like the bikes because we see the big name race teams on them but it cost's money to create this appeal which we pay for in the sticker price.

I really hope that this bike is a great thing, from what I understand the carby lets it down as the brand names wont sell to them! Dont forget it's only a couple of decades ago that exactly the same was being said about the Japs. Maico was the king of big bikes once and the Japs could not touch them, In fact a 1981 490 Maico is still an impressive bike but dated in the brakes dept. A pristine collectors example will set you back 20-25k nowdays!!!
Whilst going about this was interested to see that after nearly 25 years a new 700 cc 2 stroke Maico is out with 85 or so horsepower.... That would smoke a current Jap!!

Spot on dude ... people don't realise how badly they're being anal raped for Jap motorcycles and parts ...

It's only when you get into modding cars that you see it ... Here's just one example of Chev race car piston sets ... remember ... you're getting EIGHT pistons for that price NOT just ONE ... then there's cams , roller rockers etc ... you get 8 times the value for similar $$$$'s spent ...

Midwest Motorsports : Pistons & Piston Rings - Chevy 350, 355, 358, 360

And what you pay for ONE motorcycle piston ... Check out the list price then the fantastic bargain you get when they knock $68.00 of the price to "SAVE" you $$$$ !!!! Gee thery're good samaritins ... Now multiply their "BARGAIN" price x 8 and see what you pay compared to the car race pistons ...

CP Pistons for Honda: CRF150R, CRF250R, CRF450R, XR400R, TRX300EX, TRX400EX, TRX450R

Last edited:
Greatest news I have seen in a long time, we need these bikes to be good so the Jap's can stop ripping into us! seriously a lot of the Jap bikes are not made in Japan we are paying for there racing budgets etc. I guess it's catch 22, we like the bikes because we see the big name race teams on them but it cost's money to create this appeal which we pay for in the sticker price.

Grimmy, I think you are forgetting a little thing called research and development.Yes we like seeing the best riders on the planet because they take the bikes to a limit most of us will never go near .... every nut and bolt BEFORE it hits the shops.The best riders in the world involved in every stage is also the thing that DEVELOPS the bikes.Sure it costs money but without it you get an inferior product.It comes back to rider input you need it from the start ....from someone who knows what they are talking about and can ride like no one's business.

See if you make/copy the bike THEN give it to good riders do you really think the end result is gunna be up to par ???

In my opinion the A.D.B test was faaaar too late to have a bunch of riders assess the bike .... it should have been done every step of the way and again in my opinion that's the reason why the bike seems to have fallen short .

So yeah it costs more to develop a bike than it does to copy one but I think you get more for your money than watching a team go round :cool:

As for the Maico ??? yes there's one down here .... it's so faaast you can ride it all day in half an hour :D

it comes on like OH MY GOD

some think it's cursed as it's a handful to ride and has claimed a couple of victims that talked the talk but couldn't walk the walk:D

I do agree we are paying a little too much .... if you go back thru the topic you'll see I had hopes for it as well and would have loved to see a real competitor in the marketplace to drive the price down .... because that's what'll do it ..... but it had too be on par with the jap 450's to warrant the price and all reports say it isn't .

Shame .....they are industrious little people over there and I reckon they could anything they put their minds too ... I just think they are coming at it from the wrong direction .

Last edited:
Yes ... the Chinese bikes won't be anywhere NEAR as good as the Jap bikes at first but that also has a lot to do with the people who get in between the customer and the producer ... They're not going to be able to supply titanium strength products when they're getting paid alloy can prices by Western importers ... If the Chinese manufacturers got paid per bike , engine or whatever what the Japs get paid ... then they'd have a lot more incentive to produce superior quality products ...

And the bikes we see the champions riding are'nt the same quality as those sold to the general public ... ie off the showroon floor bikes ... So just because you see Joe Blo superstar winning everything ... it doesn't mean you will be a winner on a stock bike ...

Yes it takes a special person to win on an over powered bike , that's WHY most races are won by champions on 4 strokes ... Rideability and controllability are major factors for a race bike ... You aint gonna win nothing if wrestling the bike around the track tires you out or takes away your ability to concentrate on picking the best lines etc ... Racing requires physical fitness and the strength to support your own bodyweight without tiring ... that's why people like Ricky Carmichael , James Stewart etc do gym training to enhance their riding ability ...

Yeah Cactus but there was only a few grand in it ... sure we expect the 1500 dollar 250 china to be an abortion but for 9,000 you want something up to scratch as you could almost get a superseeded 08 honda for that ... seeing as this is a copy of an 06 I don't think they did enough jmo :cool:

And yeah worx bikes are miles ahead and so are the riders but there is a trickle down effect ... I remember the boss of yamaha saying their R@D program was about two or three seasons ahead of the current model on the showroom.It's sorta like the tech we get from the military like g.p.s etc ...we only get it after the competition catches up and any advantage is lost ... but yeah it still eventually comes.So no you won't win on a stocker because that last 10% of performance always costs more ..... but it does eventually get on the showroom floor.

I really do agree with what they have attempted to do but I feel they'll need to do better than this ... again jmo :cool:

Yeah there's no way you'd pay that much for the unknown factor ... How does a drug dealer start off ? By charging the max price for his unknown gear ? .... or handing out freebies ? .... or at least offering his best gear at just above cost price ? ... LOL ... Even Kevin Rudd and Obama realised that to get the economy moving again they had to hand out free cash and other incentives (junkie style) ... The idea was to lull people into throwing caution to the wind and going out and spending cash in the hope that they'd get addicted and start throwing their own money (ie savings) around again ! ... You're not going to get ANY new product (especially a copy) moving by plonking a high price on it ... unless it's the best thing since sliced bread or a major improvement over the higher priced original ... but at a lower price ...

I'd like to find out exactly how much of that $9000 the chinese manufacturer actually gets ... of course if they're getting squeezed there's no incentive to improve on or even produce the exact same performance or quality as a '06 model CRF ... You'll find nearly half or even more of that $9000 was tacked on by whoever is behind importing the bikes ... In a nutshell you'd have to look at what price the manufacturer sells them for in his own country ...

Yeah Cactus but there was only a few grand in it ... sure we expect the 1500 dollar 250 china to be an abortion but for 9,000 you want something up to scratch as you could almost get a superseeded 08 honda for that ... seeing as this is a copy of an 06 I don't think they did enough jmo :cool:

And yeah worx bikes are miles ahead and so are the riders but there is a trickle down effect ... I remember the boss of yamaha saying their R@D program was about two or three seasons ahead of the current model on the showroom.It's sorta like the tech we get from the military like g.p.s etc ...we only get it after the competition catches up and any advantage is lost ... but yeah it still eventually comes.So no you won't win on a stocker because that last 10% of performance always costs more ..... but it does eventually get on the showroom floor.

I really do agree with what they have attempted to do but I feel they'll need to do better than this ... again jmo :cool:

9000 is all i paid for my 09 CRF

Yeah Cactus you are right it's probably the importers .... I think they have priced themselves out of the game .... there may have been a market at 5 0r 6k but not nine that's fore sure ... and that'll be their undoing .... being greedy they'll sell about 3 of em and loose a million bucks .... go greed :D

these bikes are the same as cars these days they last a few years then you upgrade.to a newer better one so i think they might take off.

But at least with a 2 year old Jap 250 you can still sell it without a problem ..

How many people would buy one of these second hand! not a chance.

We were talkin about this bike yesterday so I had a look through the thread again and clicked on a couple of the linkbacks at the bottom of the page and it seems they are talking about this thread on a Chinese bike forum of some sort. He has even used my posts but all replies are in Chinese so I dont know what their saying lol. Heres the link: ÍøÉÏËѵ½µÄ³ö¿Ú°æLD450---Ó¢ÎÄÄÚÈÝ,²»Ï²ÎóÈë - ԽҰĦÍгµ£¨¸ßÈü£© - ĦÍÐ°É - »ú³µÎÄ»¯´«²¥£¬Ä¦Óѽ»Á÷»¥Öú£¬ÈüÊÂÍƹã²ß»®

Anyway I did a bit more looking around and came across some vids of this bike in action both on the test track in China and racing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wHsWIbBCLos&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wHsWIbBCLos&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mK1eRFNS86E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mK1eRFNS86E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1u8GLbF--g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1u8GLbF--g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Some Enduro racing in Finland

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uapvaL4IgYc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uapvaL4IgYc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZEN6_pNGXZs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZEN6_pNGXZs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A few more pics of the bike in action here 08È«½õÈü×ܹھüÀµÖÇ·áÊÔ¼ÝÑÇÏèLD450

Thump*140 lives not too far from the Odes main shop so he is going to go and have a better look at them close up.

Latest posts

Back