New DPRO 160 squeaking/backfire

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swenno125

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently (3 days ago) received my new DPRO 160 and there is a strange squeak coming from the carby area.

I thought at first it might be ring on bore noise but listening to it it sounds different to a metal on metal sound and seems to come from the carby. I have had the carby off and the only thing i found wrong was the gasket/o-ring to the manifold were both on the same side of the plastic spacer which i rectified.

Also it is not idling properly and backfires out of the intake when it warms a bit at lower rpm.
I have put new 4 stroke mineral oil in the motor and only had it running for short bursts, but i have ridden it up and down the road and it seems to go really well its just that noise and wont idle properly.

I did notice today that the exhaust got pretty red but i was keeping the revs up for about a minute or so sitting still.

Has anyone had this problem?
thanks

UPDATE

Turns out the squeak isn't anything fatal!
The squeak was evident even when just turning the bike over by hand so while listening I pulled the piston out of the carby and turned it over by hand again and there was no noise! Then i lubed it a little and put it back in and the squeak came back so i gave the throttle a little turn and turned it over and the noise was gone again.
So my thinking is just the adjustment on the piston/needle. Anyhow I gave up for tonight as i am now content knowing that its not going to explode on me, i'll leave the tune for tomorrow and hopefully that'll fix the other problems too.

yeh mine took a while to idle properly once you run it in it should be sweet but i still cant start mine with the chi=oke on aye it only starts with it of so i never use it but i just put a 26mm oko on before so cant wait to test it

Carby's sqeak all the time, its usually just the slide moving up and down and rubbing. which is nothing to be worried about. Ive never heard of pulling the piston out through the carby before.. :D But im pretty sure your refering to the slide, which would be the sqeaky bit. As for it not idling right
you probably just need to do your valves, heaps of people find they come out of spec.. Search it up.
Good luck

Hey mate ive just got a dpro 160 and its ringing under high revs, what exactly is bore noise? Cheers
Jayke

UPDATE

Turns out the squeak isn't anything fatal!
The squeak was evident even when just turning the bike over by hand so while listening I pulled the piston out of the carby and turned it over by hand again and there was no noise! Then i lubed it a little and put it back in and the squeak came back so i gave the throttle a little turn and turned it over and the noise was gone again.
So my thinking is just the adjustment on the piston/needle. Anyhow I gave up for tonight as i am now content knowing that its not going to explode on me, i'll leave the tune for tomorrow and hopefully that'll fix the other problems too.

Did you sort the squeak mate, can be air getting in thru a loose or dodgy seal on the carby intake either were it joins the head or carby.

how many tanks of fuel do u have to run in before giving it some?

Depending on who you are it Varies, me personally I still get into it hard when new but limit my riding time to no longer than half hour then let it sit for the same amount of time but don't be scared to give it some as you want to get the rings sealing well and want to get some heat into it them let it cool down.all my engines have been run in the hard way but you must limit the time you ride it and allow for good cooling down time also.some will disagree but that's me personally.but if you go by tanks 1 to 2 should be enough

Latest posts

Back