New Here, Have Frame Question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damon173

Reaction score
Hey miniriders, I am Damon, I am 17 y/o and I am a senior in high school. We have a "senior project" to complete in order to graduate at my school. I have always wanted a pit bike to ride around at the track, but never was financially able to do it. I am hoping to build my own pitbike for the track. I don't have a huge budget, but am hoping to still accomplish this goal for my project.

Anyways, back to my question, I spotted a frame style that I really like on craigslist near me. I have tried to contact the post-er and no luck. I am wanting to put a pull start harbor freight engine on it. I am wondering if any of you experts could identify this frame or if you could point me in the right direction toward the same style frame. Thanks for any help in advance!

Harbor Freight Engine:
6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine EPA

Frame Pics:
Gyazo - 10169f05a7703bad69a06c54a013ab7b.png
Gyazo - 83d7bed03cc4eff458471758f6acf7d4.png
Gyazo - db1657db17ecb4ed031f62cd47bb657f.png
Gyazo - 88b941aec98438d067e93ee38ad45bb8.png

Welcome to Miniriders,

make sure you drop by and say hello in our Introduce Yourself thread too while you're here.

That bike was originally an electric bike, see the engine mount plate on the front of the rear swingarm ?
Razor Dirt Rocket MX500 36V Electric Mini Pit Dirt Bike - Mini Dirt Bikes

mx500_product1.jpg

You can get them in 50cc 2 stroke too, like this ▼, they aren't very strong though.

sblack.jpg

you would be better off looking for a CRF50, or any of the 4 stroke pit bikes

cheers, craig

Last edited:
i'd look at the 110cc, 125cc, 140cc pit bikes etc
CRF50, KLX110, TTR110, Pitsterpro, Pitpro, SSR....

even something like this- honda trail ct70
it will be worth a lot more if you ever wanted to sell it again

I wish I could afford a 110 or a crf50 but funding isn't great at the moment. I don't plan on ever selling it so resale value isn't a priority to me. I just need a frame for cheap and I really liked the look of that one in the pictures because of the plastic kit. Any ideas?

Hey bud and welcome to MR.

I would have thought you could buy a cheaper pitbike specific frame off craigs list for cheaper?

You could definitely get a horizontal china engine for cheaper than the one you linked?

You would have to run some sort of centrifical clutch on that motor for the setup to work. Otherwise you would never be able to stop when the motor started without just killing the motor.

Those frames also handle very poorly. I remember riding one when I was younger many times and it was good fun at the time but would have preferred something more like a true dirt bike.

Latest posts

Back