New MSO 140sr Midsize

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dreadful. All is not rosie though ...

On Sat I tried to install my A1 cam. The good news is that the A1 is a monster compared with the stocker. Not measured the lift, but if the A1 is 6.7mm lift then my stocker looks like only about 5mm.

The bad news is: Put the cam in. With the supplied springs. Verified cam sprocket at 9 o'clock and flywheel 'T' at 12 o'clock. Gently turned engine over by hand. Felt just a little stiff but I figured that was normal valve train resistance. No so. Now a hissing (horn like) sound comes out the inlet valve (tappet cover off and ear near it). So I've probably bent a valve. Will pull it apart on Wednesday and order new parts.

Not complaining. I put the head on using a 0.5mm alum gasket whick lost me maybe 0.4mm. But I did not do the play-doh clearance check thing. Yeah stupid I know. I rushed it. If anyone can advise on the valve/piston clearance check process then I am keen to learn. My guess is that to be real pedantic/safe I have to check one valve at a time, with the head nuts torqued down, and reverse rotate out of the stroke being tested and disassemble and check+dremel.

No big deal. Just a bummer, no more 140SR for about 4 weeks for me. :(

Bummer indeed bruz , to be honest Durant Durant is the my motor guru and am pretty sure he is runnin the same gasket from akuna ?? to raise comp and has the whole setup cam and all ported and like anything he builds it HUNTS and runs all day.... he is known as epod on here I'll hit him up for ya and pm ya.:cool:

Hi all,

New to the scene, looking at first purchase. Ive jumped on this thread as the 140sr is one of the two im considering. just some quick Q's if i can.

Looking at the MSO 140SR or a PITPRO 150XR. on paper they seem very similar apart from the larger engine on the pitpro. though it seems that the MSO's have better components ive looked at so many models over the past that it all starts to get blurred after a while.

SO, if anyone has experienced both bikes can help me out, please dont write search the forums and look for yourself, that is not helpfull as i have searched the forums. reading has led me to the choice i now have to make.

P.S. if DREADFUL AND NUMROE read this. great posts on your bikes, some very helpful advice tips and info. have helped me alot so far.

MSO140SR vs PITPRO150XR- Are the frames strength comprable? quality of the suspension components? Build quility and other components? any other things that may help?

Thanks for any help i receive from all the members here!

Bottom line: You'll get what you pay for.

You read my reports above, so you know the MSO forks can be made to work quite well. On the other hand, I assume the 150XR forks are not fully adjustable, which is a huge difference, since the chances of getting good dampening without adjustment is, well, zero.

The DNM rear shock is of course not perfect. It's dampening action is not progressive according to where it is in the stroke. Plus it's action is not consistent as the thing heats up. Lastly it's rebound dampening adjustment is over sensitive. I think on mine 3 is too firm and 4 kicks too much. But for the price it's a very good unit. On the 150XR, if the fastace shock is anything except the 66RC, then the MSO shock is going to be way better.

As for non-suspension diffs between the MSO and the 140XR see this thread: http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/minibike-reviews/14605-pitpro-140xr-reviews.html#post153457
Which might help since the 140XR and 150XR being I assume the same apart from the engine.

Hey all, heres a bit of video of the bike in action at the Mini SX. Completely stock but for an engine kit. Sorry we were slightly biased with our concentration on our bike & rider but if the others were a bit closer they would have been in the video :D

MSO140SR Mini SX 08

Cheers, Ken

and he rode like that all day
and a race was red flagged for somthin so weak

ough well next year

where your footage durant?

numroe just got hold of epod...sorry takes a few days sometimes.... he said to pm him and he'll help sort ya out

My 140SR with approx half a liter of fuel (near empty) and ready to ride weighed in at 68.5kg. So say 68.0kg without fuel. Mine would be about 0.5kg lighter than stock due to the alum slinger and OKO vs Mikuni carb and taking into account my added air intake duct. My tyres should weigh about the same as the Innovas.

So by my estimate, a stocker would be about 68.5kg without fuel.

Latest posts

Back