New plastics - What color and/or graphics?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxtrax

Reaction score
So I need to get some new plastics for my bike because they got damaged in a recent move. I was going to get a set of plastics off ebay but can't decide what color/graphics. I was thinking all black but thought for $5 more maybe I should get some with graphics to help break it up a bit. Any input is appreciated!

Here is what it currently looks like (minus the damaged plastics)

Attachments

• EIMG_6258.jpg
    EIMG_6258.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 11
  • EIMG_6260.jpg
    EIMG_6260.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 10
hey, I'm in the same boat bro, honestly, Ebay is where its at! My thread is [Pit Bike Build - Must See] check it out 4 all my stuff & updates. I'm about 2do a plastics episode now lol I'll hav links & I always hav alota pics!

black plastics show the scratches like Crazy... white would look awesome bcus it will give your bike ALOT of contrast (with all the black your bike already has!) get something like the Kits they offer, white plastics with decals already on them! for like 60$ you cant go wrong, oh btw I'm canadian so you can tell me the exchange rate if you know it, then on future posts I wont sound insane lol thnx

I don't see anywhere where he's asked for the exchange rate?
But nonetheless - keep in mind that if you pay with paypal, they house their own exchange rate, so it'll be a dollar or two different!

Back on topic, I think you're better off buying the plain plastics and having the stickers either custom printed, or find some nice looking ones elsewhere!

I've had a look on ebay, and the only ones I can see are either being used on every bike in the forums, or look crappy!

The other positive to doing it this way is that you'll get to apply the graphics yourself.
I've never purchased pre-applied graphic kits, but I'm almost certain that being mass-produced, they won't have been applied with patience, and will certainly have folds and what-not in them!

Purchase your graphics and plastics separately, and you'll have the fun of applying the graphics yourself, and the reward and satisfaction of having done a nice job :) As for the colour of the plastics, personally I like black - it has a real sleek look to it!

That's just how I'm planning on doing it, anyway.. I guess at the end of the day, if you see something you like, and it makes you happy, then go for it!

Cheers,
br0die

Ahh right, must've missed that post - sorry!

But yeh, keep in mind that paypal have their own exchange rate which is usually a few cents different either way!

Latest posts

Back