New rx125, been out of the minibike game and need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoluver

Reaction score
Hey guys Ive been out of the pit bike game for around 4 years. I used to have a dhz140 and i bought a brand new RX50 in 2008 and put a lifan 140cc in it.

Today i bought myself an immaculate motovert rx125 with 1000kms on the clock and completely original besides the mirrors, still has original tyres and hand grips!

Now for some questions hopefully what can be answered

1. What type of motor besides the lifan/zongshen 140 can fit in the rx's frame
2. What type of exhaust can i run (i used to have a "h-bomb" on my rx50 but cant see any on ebay)
3. The rx's use crf70 plastics correct?
4. Where on ebay is best to buy parts for value? DHZ used to be very cheap back in the day but seem to be expensive now and there doesnt seem to be as many parts on ebay compared to what there used to be?

Thats all for now and heres a pic of my new rx125
DSC00665_zps91fc0074.jpg
DSC00667_zps4dc3f231.jpg

And my old rx50
IMG_0495_zps0ec32712.jpg

IMG_0494_zps564f7a78.jpg

You would want to fit a daytona 190 nowadays thats where its at.. With a fmf pipe.

Someone please post measurements from frame bolt to top of head daytona 190..
or 150

Crf 50 plastics by the looks of that, and you may fit a 190 in there, but the front guard would need cutting down by the looks of your pics. A cheaper option would be a port and polish, hi comp piston and maybe a better cam. Classic honda 50s is a site sponser, and could definately point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the measurement i will measure this afternoon.
Those plastics are crf70 style arent they?

The difference between the crf70 and 50 is that the 70 has a longer front and rear gaurd and bigger fork protectors?

Daytona will fit but it may be too long and it may possibly hit the front wheel under fork compression. Nice rego plate btw!

Latest posts

Back