New thumpstar bikes 2018

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

locko90

Reaction score
Noticed the other day thumpstar has recently made a few new model pitbikes... and they look pretty dam good. The tsr 190cc comes with the daytona 190, fastace forks and dnm shock with linkage.
Serioulsy thinking of grabing one of these bikes.
Has anyone one eles rode or own one of these bikes would be great to hear the good and bad on them!

Screenshot_20180622-141235.jpg

Screenshot_20180622-141208.jpg

they seem very restricted in the exhaust, my mate has that pipe on a z110 so if you were to get one I would buy a new pipe. There are other little things that would pay to change. Levers would probably snap easy, swingarm would be questionable, rims as well and the bearings would be something to check and grease while they were out. In all fairness, they don't look too bad but I would just check over all the issues China is renowned for. To be safe, I'd tear it completely down and loctite and grease everything

Hmm looks good, wouldn't hurt to run 14-12's, the big wheels look like it would be unsettling, my old Bigfoot atomik reign was very twitchy and not nearly as smooth as the ciniworx or even lxr's, it'd be interesting to see if someone actually write a 3rd party review!
Typical minibike stuff to set it up properly, especially piece of mind!

Ive got a pit pro big foot with the same frame as the new pitster pro lxr's. ive never had smaller wheels on it before. (But I have had smaller wheel pitbikes)

Honestly i dont mind the bigger wheels. In my opinion it just makes for higher ground clearance and im not snaging my foot round corner like i usually would on my small wheel pitbike.

But even with a dmn rear shock a softer foam gpx seat and dnm front shocks it feels like the bike is still a little on the stiff side. And could use some extra travel on the suspension.

Would be interesting to feel the difference with the linkage and 760mm forks compared to my 740mm gpx and non linkage.

Snapchat-1933641922.jpg
My pitpro big wheel.
Screenshot_20180621-224710.png
Pitsterpro lxr.
Theres a vid of the owner sending this lxr over a fairly big tripple on a mx track, ill chuck the link down below if u want to see.
Looks like its deffinatly sendable.

Youtube link:
YouTube

Yeah the tsr's look good but not sure bout their linkage setup?
It just looks wrong, different from every other linkage setup I've seen.

the frames look like they have dodgy casting or machining because when you see up close photos they just look messy

Yeah u could be on to something there with the linkage mate.
But u wouldnt know 100% untill you've ridden one or owned for a while.
And yeah the frame would be something to deffinatly look over before buying. I think if the frame snaped ud be covered with warranty though right?

Im sure with proper matience of the linkage it would be okay. And also its still alot better then no linkage at all right??
And with thumpstar being one of the higher quality pit bike brands im pretty sure they would of had an engineer design this linkage for longer travel ect..

Also i wanted to mention, have any of u guys seen the new 85cc 2 stroke thumpstars. They look like a ktm sk knock off. But its got alot of nice looking components on it. Its will be pretty competitive with the jap/euro bikes

Im sure with proper matience of the linkage it would be okay. And also its still alot better then no linkage at all right??
And with thumpstar being one of the higher quality pit bike brands im pretty sure they would of had an engineer design this linkage for longer travel ect..

Also i wanted to mention, have any of u guys seen the new 85cc 2 stroke thumpstars. They look like a ktm sk knock off. But its got alot of nice looking components on it. Its will be pretty competitive with the jap/euro bikes
It's not the maintenance that worries me, just doesn't look like it would work properly. But hey I'm no engineer.
That setup been on them thumpstars for over 3 years now and not a single review to find anywhere!?
I saw them 2 bangers somewhere but still not on their website here in nz and this is supposed to be the main hub for thumpstars!
I emailed them 3 weeks ago bout a Daytona 190 in their webstore and still no reply...

Latest posts

Back