New to forum, Greetings

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunZoFun

Reaction score
Hi peoples,
My name is Dane, i'm a butcher, bike rider and metalhead \m/

after having my genuine thumpstar stolen years ago (western sydney) i never thought i'd get another one until i scored myself a 2007 Terra-Moto Pro recently for $400, fully serviced. then i scored a 2010 DHZ 160r outlaw with a busted kickstarter gear for a good price, i took the DNM rear shock and GPX Black labels off and put them on the tdx for a nicer ride and as i'm 5''11 it gives me a little more ground clearence.

i have pretty big plans for this bike and have found that most of my questions have been answered through this forum (big thanks guys), so now i'd like to share my bike, my build and my experiences with like-minded people who appreciate the joy of mini bikes.

P.s 1st pic is of when i got it, 2nd is without plastics obviously and the 3rd is with the DNM and black labels. now for some sexy new plastics i think.

Attachments

• 20150304_212822[1].jpg
    20150304_212822[1].jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20150219_080935[1].jpg
    20150219_080935[1].jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 20150220_112511[1].jpg
    20150220_112511[1].jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
Very Nice !
I didn't realize some of the Terra Moto's had an alloy BBR copy frame and swinger!
Looks like it'll be a nice build, are you going to fix the 160 and swap that in later ?

Cheers, Craig

cheers guys :)

yeah craig, for now.. I have a kx100 engine that I'm picking up on Wednesday, then i can start designing an engine cradle to put in the tdx. I'm on the look out for another tdx125f Pro frame so I don't have to pull mine apart.

yeah the krusha was steel and the pro was polished twin spa alloy, crf style :-D Can anyone tell me if the marzocchis that came on the bike standard are any good? a bit bouncy for my liking..

The Marzocchi's are copy's, see on top there isn't any adjusters

SUS-09.jpg

[video]http://www.balam.it/typo3temp/fl_realurl_image/marzocchi-forcella-shiver-45-enduro-08.png[/video]

makes sense, they didn't feel like much chop :) are the "real" marzocchi's worth the extra money over the Black Labels?

Real zokies will have a M embossed on the lower stanchion where the axle bolts up, and in my opinion unless your racing and hit big stuff no, the blacklabels hold there own and are good enough for the everyday mild rider. With all the adjustability your going to need. A good reasonably cheap setup would be the blacklabels up front and a fully adjustable DNM in the rear, beyond that there's Zokies and Elka shocks but your talking around $1200 in suspension if not found second hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a kx100 engine that I'm picking up on Wednesday, then i can start designing an engine cradle to put in the tdx. I'm on the look out for another tdx125f Pro frame so I don't have to pull mine apart.
it wont fit into the alloy frame, way too high
I tried doing something similar a few years ago, Suzuki 80cc 2T into my Atomik Fuse

but that's what i love about this frame :-D i reckon the head will fit in between the alloy frame.. just. i've been thinking about this for a while and doing a fair bit of research and when this engine popped up.. time to get the tape out ;-) i wouldn't waste my money if i didn't think there was a chance but if all else fails i have a buyer for the engine.

Latest posts

Back